Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my betta fish cole for over 3 weeks and hes still afraid when i put my finger near his tank i dont understand hes happy but doesnt like me. How do i get him to like me i dont understand i have given him plenty of time to get used to my place he even made bubble nests.

Help!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mine was like this for a complete month! Then, I left on vacations for a week and nobody came to feed him. SInce I'm back, he really loves to see me around his tank! Especially at meal time!

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
yup food is your solution. make sure he knows its YOU who feeds him. he'll live you in no time

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont get how to show him i feed him his food like how do i show that to a fish?

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
make sure he sees you when you are feeding he may be scared at first but run your finger along the tank or maybe hold the pellet outside the tank with a finger. give it a minute or two before you drop the pellet in for him ( i like to hand feed)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks so much

·
Registered
562 Posts
I conditioned Rosso to recognize the site of his food container by giving it a shake before feeding time. Poseidon didn't need quite as much encouragement to realize that human = food... but I did have to train him a little bit to recognize feeding time. The method I used with him was giving the water a little finger, then dropping pellets in when he came to the surface.

Good luck building a relationship with your betta!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts