Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was feeding him, and i put food on my finger and hovered it above the water, because he jumps for his food. He didn't jump so i put my finger in the water. The food floated away but he didn't notice. So he went and bit my finger. Is this normal. Like it didn't hurt. So now when I put my finger in the water, he bites it sometimes. It's cute really.

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
It's perfectly normal, and it's not just bettas that will do it. I used to have a tank full of small schooling fish and when I would put my arm in the tank they would swarm it and have a nibble.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's perfectly normal, and it's not just bettas that will do it. I used to have a tank full of small schooling fish and when I would put my arm in the tank they would swarm it and have a nibble.
Thank you! I was so worried.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
I hand feed my fish, too, and they're quite aggressive to me during water changes. I've had wild fish nibble on me when swimming in lakes, too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had my half my arm submerged in my little guy's tank while moving some plants and he swam over and BIT MY INNER ARM.

It actually hurt!! I yanked my arm up in surprise and he came up with it, but eventually he let go and fell back in.

He must have liked the plant where it was...
However, I was not amused.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had my half my arm submerged in my little guy's tank while moving some plants and he swam over and BIT MY INNER ARM.

It actually hurt!! I yanked my arm up in surprise and he came up with it, but eventually he let go and fell back in.

He must have liked the plant where it was...
However, I was not amused.
Haha. Your fish is very protective of his crops. >.< My friends clownfish did the same to her. Your fishy is very protective of his crop, and he will do anything to save it. Good lucks to you and your fish's crops.:lol::lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts