Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have a betta fish that has been perfectly fine for the past 2 months, and I've been changing his water once a week and nothing's happened so far but this:

Over the past 2 weeks, my betta (Socks) developed a small silver/grey patch of scales under his mouth/gills and near his fins :( I'm not sure if it's dangerous or not, but he's been flaring a lot at his reflection as well (which has never happened before).

Did anyone else ever come up with this problem?

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
This is absolutely nothing to worry about. I had the same thing happen to my 2nd betta, he got a little feisty will me when I dropped his food into his tank, and I had noticed the same gray/silver spot on his gills/stomach. I'm assuming he's just maturing, or is becoming more territorial since he's been rehomed from those horrible cups at the petstore. My 2nd betta (Fraser) had about the same time as yours when he got his silver/gray areas. Fraser is now about 1 1/2 years old, and is still really healthy and happy. Just make sure he doesn't get anything crazier than that, or seems to slow down. Otherwise he should be fine. (Pretty betta btw!)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts