How many gallons is your tank?
Does it have a filter?
Does it have a heater?
What temperature is your tank?
80 degrees Fahrenheit
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration?
Some weird moss balls my friends mom put inside before he gave them to me
Does your Betta have tank mates?
Two tetras Food:
What food brand do you use?
Do you feed flakes or pellets?
How often do you feed your Betta? How much?
every day, 3-4 pellets Maintenance:
Before your Betta became ill how often did you perform a water change?
What percentage of water did you change?
What is the source of your water?
tap but it has reverse osmosis and I always put betta conditioner just in case
Do you vacuum the substrate or just dip out water?
dipped it out and the cleaned it with magic eraser (the eraser did not have any soap whatsoever)
What additives do you use other than conditioner?
What brand of conditioner?
Topfin Water Parameters:
What are your water parameters? Please give exact numbers. If tested by pet store please get exact numbers. "Fine" or "Safe" won't help us help you. Important: Test your water before the regular water change; not after one.
Symptoms and Treatment:
When did you first notice the symptoms?
How has your Betta’s appearance changed?
How has your Betta’s behavior changed?
he stays at the bottom nearly on his side
Is your Betta still eating?
Have you started treating your Betta?
Does your Betta have any history of being ill?
How long have you owned your Betta?
six months and a half
Was he or she ill or suffering some sort of damage when purchased?
1. A 3gallon tank is fine for a betta alone. The tetras won’t be happy in there at all and will be too much of a bio load which will make your water parameters very unstable (tetras should be a group of 6 and in a 15-20 gallon tank).
2. You are only dipping water - you really do need to get that gravel clean - either vacuum it with each water change or alternate dipping 50% of the water only with a second weekly change that saves half the water and then swishes the gravel in the remaining half of the water and pouring it out to remove the majority of the poop/extra food etc. add back the saved half of the water and fill the other half with new water.
3. Magic Eraser is aquarium safe but should only be used to clean an empty tank and must be well rinsed afterwards
4. I would double what you are feeding each day
5. I would do a 50% water change twice weekly until you move the tetras