Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My betta tried to swim through a hole that is too small for him and now he's stuck. I'm not sure how to get him out without hurting him or stressing him out so bad dies.

http://instagr.am/p/K7wlkEAfe5/ (I'm not sure if the picture worked I'm on a tablet. If not this is the link)

·
Registered
692 Posts
You have to move quicly or else he will suffocate. I would take your thumb and push onto his mouth, back the way he went in.

Try to be gentle!

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Is this in an ornament in the tank, I don't see anything in the link..:)..but if you could explain the ornament, we would have a better idea..of what to do..I noticed someone on the forum a while back, had the same problem, with an ornament, and they had to break it, to release the fish..

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
ok..now I see it..I think the best thing to do, if you can get the whole ornament out..put in the sink, or tub..and manuever the fish thru the other side...

·
Registered
692 Posts
If there are holes in your tank that are smaller than a quaters, then a betta will get stuck. They have a habit of trying to fit into holes they can't get through. x.x

·
Registered
980 Posts
Is he ok? :(

·
Registered
722 Posts
thank god you got him out.

pamper him. you might want to put some stress coat in and maybe an aquarium salt treatment of a tsp of aquarium salt per gallon if he's pretty damaged. But get second opinions on that before you do. I haven't had to treat highly damaged fish before.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Poor baby.. :(

Keep his water clean if he's ripped up really bad, stress coat and maybe some AQ salt.

I'm glad he's alive, though. That's great!

Edit: LOL yeah, what Twilight said! *nodnod*

1 - 12 of 12 Posts