Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hesitate to put this in the emergency forum because I think she's just marbling, and she's behaving just the same as always, but...

Okay, so I've got a crowntail betta female. She started out with a white body with little blue speckles, and her fins were kind of a turquoise and rose color, pretty vibrant.
Like so:

The first two were when I first got her, the second is when I started noticing a bit more white around the edges of her fins. I was worried it was fin rot at first, but after doing some research I determined that it couldn't be.

Over time, she's started turning white and her fins are going pale. Her little blue speckles are mostly gone, and her fins have gone even whiter around the edges and paler all over.
Like so:

(Don't worry, she lives in a nice big 30 gallon tank, I just took her out to take the newer pics more easily)

But you can see in the last pic that even her eye is kinda starting to change. They've always been pure black til now. And you can't really tell from these pics, but the area around her gills on one side have kinda started getting like an iridescent bluey-purple color? Just that one area, though.

She's behaving completely normal, and I THINK it's just marbling, but the pics I've seen of marbling bettas are them becoming more colorful, not less. I'm just paranoid that it maybe ISN'T marbling, and....I dunno, would stress turn her white like this? She's acting just as energetic as always....

I'm just not sure here and I want to make sure she's doing okay. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Marbling can go either way, you can have a black fish marble into like blue or white. Or you can have a white fish and have him unexpectedly change to blue. ...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.