Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found my little Charlie outside of his tank, I don't know how long he had been out. I thought he was dead but when i touched him he moved a little bit. I got him and put him in the tank again but now I can see his fins are shredded badly, his breathing is labored and very slow and shallow. His eyes are hazy as well, kind of milky looking. He is at the top of the tank, floating vertically. I put stress coat in the tank with him. His fins have uncrusted and unstuck together but still looking pretty bad I want to just put him out of his misery but he keeps swimming around in spurts and want to give him the benefit of the doubt. I really love this fish and should know if I should give up hope or not. Please help, thank you

·
Registered
604 Posts
im pretty sure he is going to be alright, no need to euthanize, you can add some stress coat or indian almond leaf to help his fins heal

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've had three bettas jump from there tank in the past four months. The first one I noticed immediately missing and did not find her for three hours. I floated her in her tank in a very large net until she was capable of swimming properly and she was perfectly fine she is still alive and well no worries just keep an eye on your betta and you may have to consider a cover for your betta's bowl or aquarium

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
should change his water or would it put him under a lot of stress, should I just let him recover for a day before I mess with his water?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Try just a twenty percent water change for now and go for another twenty percent at least tomorrow. This way it is less stressful but his water is still better. Twenty percent should not cause too much stress.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a smaller tank, I know it should be bigger, it's about a gallon and a half. I was changing his water quite frequently though. Charlie has passed. Thanks for your help, you guys. I appreciate

·
Registered
19 Posts
oh no I'm so sorry :( that's terrible. I have two bettas in 1.5 gallon tanks and they are happy as can be, they both have live plants in their tanks as well and I think that definitely helps. Personally, so long as the betta is happy, I see no need to worry about bigger tanks. I'm very sorry about Charlie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts