Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there, I recently got a Betta fish a few days ago. She has been doing really well for the most part. I notice when I have the light and the pump on in her tank she hides in the top corner but when everything is shut off she’s active and swims around. Has anyone had this happen before? Is there anything I can do? My pump doesn’t go any lower but I definitely don’t want to stress her out.

·
Super Moderator
586 Posts
Hello there, I recently got a Betta fish a few days ago. She has been doing really well for the most part. I notice when I have the light and the pump on in her tank she hides in the top corner but when everything is shut off she’s active and swims around. Has anyone had this happen before? Is there anything I can do? My pump doesn’t go any lower but I definitely don’t want to stress her out.
What kind of pump do you have? The flow may be too much for her, you might need to baffle it. Can you post a picture and we can try to troubleshoot for you?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Hi! Also, unless you have live plants that require a certain amount of extra lighting, bettas don't need lights. My boys only have daylight (not direct sunlight) and ceiling lights (and a filter with the outflow baffled). Try leaving the light off and see if she's more comfortable :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts