Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I finally got a decent picture of my male betta and right now I want to see what you all think. he is a mostly red color betta with a big patch of blue on his right side, that also goes into the base of his tales. had him for almost five months now, the longest I've ever had a betta live and still be healthy.
I'm not sure if the picture would be on the message or become an attachment. Anyway, he is in a 20gal tank that contains a few other fish, like a Bolivian Ram, which they pretty much leave each other alone and ghost shrimp that they both tend to ignore. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Water is clear as day, not sure if it's because of the white wall behind the tank or the light itself causing that the background is like that, or if I'm still trying to figure out the focus on my camera. The tank is the right size because nobody is stressed out and getting along great. The plants I have in the tank are becoming a big help, especially now that they are growing new ones, which help with the filtration process. The decoration in the background is something I bought for kuhli loaches because there is a hole at the bottom that when put on the gravel, acts like a cave.
I've tried Aquarium Advisor but it's not 100% accurate because some of the warnings sound more like either from a book or somebody's bad luck. Plus they don't put into account if plants are included or anything else, just the size of the tank and the brand of filtration system. I've had these fish for over a month and no issues arise, although I'm down to one Kuhli Loach, but I think that's from lack of a decent hiding place. And there are way worse people then me out there, just check YouTube, because there is somebody who has their tank filled to the brim when the owner is about to add more. Even I know when to leave some stretching room for everybody, which is why there is plenty of room in the middle. If you've seen my list, then don't worry about it, there is no stress and the fish are getting along just find.
Here is where the but comes. I'm ordering some more Kuhli Loaches for the one I have left since they are a schooling fish. Unfortunately, I'm ordering them from LiveAquaria, and if anybody has ever used them before, knows that they have a minimum requirement on orders, which is $30. In order to meet it, I would have to order probably at least ten, which would be too much, so I've order two other groups of fish, which are as follows:

5x Kuhli Loaches
6x Glowlight Tetras
6x Harlequin Rasboras

Right now I'm moving the Betta to the 10g tank I've just got setup, and probably but the Rasboras in there with him. Which would leave the bottom open, and I would like to get some Amano shrimp, otos or somebody for algae control. I wouldn't mind a snail, as long as they don't try to leave the tank. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Nerite snails are really good for control of algae. I have one in one of my five gallon betta tanks and it does a great job!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah and I have 3 in my 20g, and I'm wanting to try something different. If it would be a snail, it would have to be something that won't try to escape or eat the live plants I have now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts