Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this beautiful red dragon scale betta and after a week his fins went from beautiful plumage to looking like the tips of the fins are stuck together. I have done a water exchange, used finfix, and added salt. What else can I do for him? Please help. He is so beautiful and caught my eye the moment I walked into the stor and don't want to loose him

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, I have been having trouble logging back in. And I have had problems posting now. fingers crossed that this will work!!
Housing
What size is your tank? 3.5 gallons
What temperature is your tank? 76 degrees
Does your tank have a filter? No
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? No
Is your tank heated? No
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? None
**I have never had a filter or air stone for a betta before, and I have had bettas live 5+years for me. of course those bettas were sold simply as "male bettas" for $3.99**
Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? I use flake and pellet, this guy has started showing no intrest in flakes so I stopped using them, and I also use freeze dried blood worms, mysis, and dyphnia as treats, but he has now gotten to the point that he is not wanting to swim to the top for the treat so I have stopped those now too.
How often do you feed your betta fish? Daily, when I get up and when I get home from work. I watch him when I feed him and make sure that he eats and doesn't have a lot of waste. His bowl is now next to myside of the bed so that I can watch him easily.
Maintenance
How often do you perform a water change? I have done one complete water change and that was when he started showing signs of problems
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? I change 25% of it weekly to biweekly. I test the water once a week and make sure that there is not a spike in anything, if the test have not changed I will not change the water to avoid stressing him, but any elevation I change out his water, if it is too high I will do either a higher percentage to a complete water exchange.
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? I will add a stress coat and a table spoon of aquarium salt.
Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters? I test with the strip instead of chemicals. it is better for my household to use the strips (I have dogs and children). I am at work while posting this so I don't have my exact results, but I do make sure that everything is within the perameters of neautral or considered ideal, any variation wether it is an increase or decrease I do a water exchange.
Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? fins appear to be stuck together
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? not swimming around, no acknowledgement (I know this sounds strange but my bettas have always seem to know me and comes to the side of the tank for me or up to the top for me to hand feed)
When did you start noticing the symptoms? Last Friday (6/6), he was fine in the morning and when I came home to him he was ill
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? Yes, I did a complete water change even though the water did not indicate the need (tested) I started giving him bettafix
Does your fish have any history of being ill? NO
How old is your fish (approximately)? about a month old to me, I don't know how old he was when he was shipped to the pet store.

I have attached picture of what he looks like now, and he had been very vibrant, wiggly, bubble blowing and beautiful, I didn't get a before picture

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.