Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my two female bettas have been fighting and one of their fins look all chewed up and raggedy and swims in an upward direction and doesn't swim much at all. I separated them and plan on getting separate tanks for them, but I'm just wondering if the one with the bad fin will heal and be well again?

·
Registered
377 Posts
It should, say that you provide her proper care. That means water changes every week, heated tank, filtered, tank of at least 2 gallons, water params down. It also wouldn't be bad if you wanted to add some Bettafix in.

And you should never, ever have only two female bettas together.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Petsmart said it was okay to have two females together...
But I think I've learned my lesson. xD
Thank you!

·
Banned
27,608 Posts
Really you shouldn't have just 2 females together because one will beat up on the other. It is ok to have a sorority of 4 or morefemales if you have them in a 10 gallon tank or larger, with plenty of hiding places, caves or plants. Having four or more females helps to spread out the aggression. Females can be aggressive and fight, too.

·
Banned
27,608 Posts
You really shouldn't keep only 2 females together becsause one will beat up on the other. You can keep a sorority of 4 or more females together. Four or more helps spread out the aggression. Females can be aggressive and fight, too. They should be kept in a 10 gallon tank or larger, with lots of hiding places, like plants or caves.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts