Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never studied the differences, just knew males had long fins and females have short! So is this a plakat male?

·
Registered
692 Posts
I see no eggspot o.o

·
Registered
231 Posts
you see? all of these mislabeling stories have me spooked!!! At least one of my "females" is suspicious to me now. Sigh.... Wait and see, I guess!!!

Regardless, he's beautiful! I guess now you'll be needing a second tank?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
you see? all of these mislabeling stories have me spooked!!! At least one of my "females" is suspicious to me now. Sigh.... Wait and see, I guess!!!

Regardless, he's beautiful! I guess now you'll be needing a second tank?
or third or fourth....lol
my "sorority" is in a 20 gallon, I have my marble male in a 5 gallon, I was going to buy another male for an empty 5 gallon tank I bought, but when ah the girls weren't getting along two went into THAT 5 gallon which know has been taken over by babies....so...this surprise male is making due in a 2 gallon plastic tank for now! And when the time comes to separate the babies!!! ouch (assuming that they live, considering I don't really know what I am doing!!!) but fingers crossed now that they are here I am trying my best for them.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
What are you feeding the babies? They need live food. I'd strongly suggest you read through some of the breeding section if you havent already.

Edit- Nevermind I just saw your post in the breeding seciton :eek:)

·
Registered
231 Posts
she looks like a male according to her dorsal and anal ;P

I've been trying to learn what exactly the differences are in the fins for a PK male and random female. Can you specify what about this fish (excluding the lack of egg spot) tells you he's male?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Another thing to look for is the "beard" they produce when they flare. Example:pitgurls' avi.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Aww! Poor boy has stripes. Well congrats on the babies though... I would like to se pictures of him when he is all colored up!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts