Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've won my first aquabid fish!

I was very nervous in the process and broke all of the rules (suggestions and my own rules) anyway. Sigh. I can't do anything the easy way. But I hope it works out!

I told myself I was going to choose a seller that had fantastic feedback etc. And it's not that I didn't chose one that didn't have positive feedback, he has 100% feedback, he just seems kind of new because it was 44/44.

Oh well hopefully it doesn't bite me in the...ventral fins.

On a good note - the seller was VERY helpful and quick to respond to emails. Very patient with all my questions, and gave me fairly detailed information. So I thought that was a good sign.

So I guess what more could I ask for? Now I just wait for a hopefully happy and healthy fish to show up!

Hoping that he is just a new(ish) seller and all will be well! It was plakattrokchan by the way. So I will update when the man comes in!

I'm in Canada and I think Hung Pham's shipping on May 12th (that's the unconfirmed rumour)

For now I'll just share pictures of the new boy. He's a marble so he may look a little different now. The seller said he will send me an updated picture before shipment for confirmation (see? he seems good...)

Name TBD.... I'm thinking Winter, Sven, Storm, or Flurry. He reminds me of winter :)

Attachments

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know! Little Ludwig had black lips too! Must have drawn me to him, haha.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Beautiful boy! I love the name winter for him.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
congratulations on your purchase. Fingers crossed the shipment goes smoothly for you. I have seen that breeder on AB a few times. I think the better breeders are the ones that don't always have pages of fish listed.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! I'm excited for him. I'll post the updated picture he sends me.

And I'll update on how the transaction goes!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The breeder/seller sent me a video of my new man today of him and his "current condition"
He looks very healthy and happy and active which was good!
I'll post a snap shot I took of the video. His tail has definitely become more blue and his face a little more black. But the body still mostly white!

Transhipper Hung in Canada contacted me with prices.
I am surprised there is only a 2 day shipping option as the fastest one! I was hoping to get him faster. But Hung is being very helpful so far via email correspondence.

Picture from breeder below

Attachments

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
He is looking good. When are you scheduled to get him?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
He's shipping Tuesday, so that means I would get him Thursday.
I'm trying to arrange him to maybe hold onto him as I'm gone for the long weekend. Which is why I was expecting faster shipping. If he was here Wednesday I would have a full 2 days to make sure he was settled in. I'm not comfortable getting him and then leaving for four days :s

So we'll see if he can hold him. He said its a possibility so we'll see.
If not ---- I'll have to hire a very good babysitter if I can find one.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
He is beautiful, and I hope everything goes well. I like the name Flurry

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey an update:

Hung Pham said he will hold him until next Tuesday for me!
That makes this a lot less stressful. So I guess he arrived last night and seeing as he didn't tell me otherwise - and he's holding him for now - I guess he arrived safe from part one of the journey!

He didn't have to agree to that at all, and I feel very grateful that he's helping me out. :)
Saved my butt - and probably fishy's butt too.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
that's good, I cannot wait until he gets there

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Eeeeeee me too. It's like Christmas in the mail.

In the meantime I may or may not have also staked claim on a beautiful coppery-purple dragonscale (I think) halfmoon with a bright orange tail from petvalu here, I may just have two new fishes to share with everyone next week.

Momma needs to set up another tank!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
That's great news. I think we all wait with anticipation with you, it is very exciting. I think I live the dream of buying on AB through others, lol.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Eeeeeee me too. It's like Christmas in the mail.

In the meantime I may or may not have also staked claim on a beautiful coppery-purple dragonscale (I think) halfmoon with a bright orange tail from petvalu here, I may just have two new fishes to share with everyone next week.

Momma needs to set up another tank!
Said copper is waiting in the staff room for you ;D It pays to know someone working in a pet store lol

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I finally have an "in" somewhere. I feel so special ;)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts