Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my first Betta and have only had him for two days and it has been a very long confusing two days. I have a longer post on here and it gives the whole background of him, his tank and current situation. I've posted replies throughout it and updates on him. I'm worried now because it us just such a rapid change in color and I'm scared its something bad or maybe because of something I did or didn't do right? I've tried to get a good picture of it but so far haven't been able too but I'll keep trying. Right now the funny looking part of his tail is all of a sudden getting dark tips on the ends.

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=460650

What is it? What do I do?

Poor little guy is stuck with me learning as I go and trying to get started on cycling his tank for him and now this. He's having a very long few days too. I just want to make sure I'm doing everything I can for him.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you!

P.s...If you need to know details like his water results they are posted on the other post as well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update...these are the best pics of his tail I could get right now...

I tried to take some in every kind of light I can think of. The darker ones and the one taken with the flash you can see the darkness on his tail better than the really bright pic. He's so light colored that when he swims right under the hood light it makes his tail look light colored even though its not so please remember that when looking at the pics. Thank you!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Ah, it's new growth! Many times new growth can look dark depending on the lighting and stuff but it's really just clear so you're seeing through it technically. But he's perfectly fine and growing his fins back well! And yes that red line is just a vein.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.