Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I passed by a local store and they happened to have a new shipment.
But when I asked the store assistant and he doesn’t seems to have in depth knowledge about Betta fish.
He told me that this is an elephant betta male fish. I only found out that this is a Plakat betta fish when I get home.

Am I correct?

·
Registered
"Buddy"
187 Posts
Not a Plakat. Caudal is all wrong and so is body shape.

Looks like a Delta Tail (DeT).
Asking as you've had more experience than me, is there a reason this tail type would be sold as HMPK, or have I been misled? My guys have similar tails to this fella not as short as a Plakat and not as long as a Veil, so is Delta the shape or the length?
I wish I had more pics survive the last pc crash to ask an ID on my lads now.

·
Premium Member
1,203 Posts
Delta and super delta is talking about the spread of the tail. I believe they don’t have as many tail rays so their tails don’t quite spread a full 180 degrees. Half moon is full 180 degrees spread over half moon is... more than 180. I honestly can’t remember the ray numbers for those tail types off the top of my head.

·
RusselltheShihTzu
20,572 Posts
Found this definition at Betta Source:

"Delta tails are named after the Greek letter. The fish’s tail becomes narrower as it gets closer to the body, widening toward the edges. So it resembles the triangular shape of the Greek letter, Delta (∆)."

·
RusselltheShihTzu
20,572 Posts
I forgot to say that he is quite lovely. I just bought a Dumbo that same color. Love the contrast between their "ears" (pectorals) and their bodies.

·
Registered
LongHa & Barbie
208 Posts
What a beauty! I saw a betta similar with a white body and pink fins. He was really big. Not a dumbo though. He was more of a VT if I'm not mistaken.
None the less, I can't wait to see updates on this one! Did you name it yet?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What a beauty! I saw a betta similar with a white body and pink fins. He was really big. Not a dumbo though. He was more of a VT if I'm not mistaken.
None the less, I can't wait to see updates on this one! Did you name it yet?
Thank you but I have not name this fish yet.
He seems to be hungry all the time.
I am feeding him with this fish food.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts