Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... So today I was cleaning out my the three gallon belonging to my beautiful Half-moon Plakat Dandy. Just like I always do, I fished him out and put him into a small cup with some of his tank water in it... Except this time I think I put just a bit to much water in. Long story short I found him on the ground (possibly a few seconds to ten minutes later I'm not sure) just sitting there. I gathered him back into his cup and he was breathing, a little, but just sitting there. When I put him back into his three gallon, he seemed to pep up a bit. Now he seems to be swimming around normally enough, but occasionally he will stop and fall, then sit there for a few seconds. He also has a few white bubbly things on him. He's got this wild look in his eyes, and they look a bit cloudy. I put some conditioner in and now I am just hoping for the best...

He is not himself and appears to be very stressed. Any suggestions?

Thank You.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Keep his light off and his surroundings quiet for a bit so he can calm down a little. I'm not sure what else I can advise. I haven't had a fish jump out of their tank or cup long enough to have it cause issues. (My late VT Sammy jumped out of his cup for a few seconds during a water change). I'll let someone more experienced with that chime in on anything else that needs to be done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I strongly agree with BettaStarter24, let the fish calm down and don't cause too much commotion around his tank. The white bubbly things on him are from stress. Hope your fishy gets better, have a lovely day. <3

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alrighty. Thanks xD. I went out and bought some stress coat, hopefully that will help. The white things have gone away, but his eyes are still a bit cloudy.

I leave the filter off at night, and that's what he's used to, but to ensure good water quality over the next few days should i leave it on?

Also, should I feed him today and tomorrow? Not sure if he would be up to eating...

**Thanks**

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I would leave it on all the time. The beneficial bacteria that grows in the filter column need the water movement to stay healthy (if I'm remembering it right).

You can offer him food but if he doesn't eat scoop the uneaten food out. Most important thing for him right now is keep things calm, dark and quiet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok.. so I think he has made a somewhat full recovery. He is eating and swimming normally, and comes up to the front of the tank when i walk in the room. He's back to his crazy self ;)

Again, thank you all.

Happy Halloween!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts