Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
He's fin biting unfortunately. It's not fin rot at the moment though it can progress to fin rot if your water parameters not good. Just make sure you feed him well and do your weekly water changes to keep his water good.

You can feed him as much as he will eat in one sitting, generally my fish will eat around 10 pellets OR 4-6 bloodworms (frozen but they are thawed) depending on their age and size. But you can tell when they're done if their tummy is nice and round, not super large like they are bloated, but just a gentle roundness.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fin biting? oh... but I never saw him biting his tail.... I'll try to feed him more live food... he has a lot of plants... maybe he hurt himself (my mom suspects Eleocharis acicularis, because it's like grass. You can cut yourself with grass^^...)
thank you for your quick answer :D
greetings from germany
chiara

·
Registered
859 Posts
You don't always see bettas biting their fins, I've had several fin nippers and I've never once seen any of them do it. But +1 to Lilnaugrim - she knows her stuff :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey,
I just want to give an update. :)
My betta's tail is a lot better! It's still visible where he bit his tail but at least his tail is whole again^^
Live food also helped a lot. Searching for food in his aquarium is his hobby nowadays.
Thanks a lot, guys :D
Greetings from Benjamin Blue and Chiara

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.