Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They've gotten so big!

They're big enough to start competing with the minnows for food XD I haven't gotten my camera out fast enough to catch it happening while the minnows are feeding, but they're brave enough to swim out into the open, no mater how bad they are at swimming forward.

I've only been keeping fish for a few months, shrimp are suppose to be hard to keep alive, but i'm so happy with how the ghost shrimp are doing I'm thinking of trying to get some more expensive shrimp.

(also, yes, my water is cloudy. i have no idea what's doing it, but I've exhausted all my options for clearing it up minus a completely new filter, which i can't afford for something that doesn't seem to be an issue beyond looks.)

·
Registered
469 Posts
Keep an eye on these Shrimp, sometimes Macro Shrimp can be mixed in with normal Ghosties, which kind of snack on small fish they can catch.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They don't seem to be getting too much bigger, but i've only managed to catch one cycle of molting, when they have obviously been growing enough to have several moltings so who knows. My minnows swim much faster then them though, especially swimming forward, so I'm not too worried about them being caught, that would have to be one very lucky shrimp and they're more likely to be taken for a ride then anything else XD

i will keep an eye on it though. the fish guys at my local pet store were surprised when i described and showed them how big they were getting, apparently most people in town kill them before they get to any sort of adult size.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts