Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[/ATTACH] Fun Painting Art Illustration Plant

I'm not sure what's going on with my betta but he's got an open sore on his side and it doesn't look too good. He's always been cared for and maintained regularly. He developed a blister looking thing on his back one day. Which progressed into a sore on his side and loss of top fin. I think he must have dove into the rocks/gravel maybe? Anyways it's been about 2 weeks and j don't know what to do. He's been getting regular water changes now, stress coat, good bacteria, salt, conditioner, and extra attention. If anyone has any ideas as what it is on his side or what his future holds due to his condition I'd appreciate anything anyone has to say. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Can you please fill out the form in the disease section?

Keep the water clean, is the picture supposed to be tilted that way? Is he laying at the bottom or is he laying vertically?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Holey ****, WOW! I have never seen that before. Well, I have no clue how you would treat that, just continue with what you are doing so far until a more experienced member comes onto the forum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Today may be his last

I don't know if I can let him live like this. I feel horrible saying that, but it's pretty gnarley... I've read that putting him in some clove oil numbs there little body and then adding a shot of vodka is the humane way to take him out of his misery. I don't see any quality of life for him anymore. He's had a lot of fun though over the past couple years and been a good friend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts