Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening from Orlando, FL or Oviedo, FL to be exact. I live in Oviedo, FL which is a suburb of "The City Beautiful" aka Orlando, FL. My pet betta fish Ocean recently died. I got another male crown-tail betta-fish from my local
Petsmart. His name is Cobalt.

He hasn't built his bubble nest yet. I will post pictures as soon as this happens.

Cobalt appears bigger in the picture I recently posted. He is small and I am sure will grow a little bit more.

The only problem I am having is that I don't see my smileys appearing or text color changing as I am typing this intro. I need some help from the wonderful bettafish.com community.

Take care.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Hello and welcome so nice to have you join the forum.

Did you click on the Go Advanced button at the bottom of the posting box ? I never used the colors so I trying some to see if I can get them to work. I do use the smily`s a lot and they work just by clicking on them, I hope this helps and if not I am sure some members can help you with that. Enjoy ! :-D

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New Betta-Fish

Does my beta-fish need a heater? I live in Florida and we have heat for most of the year? I don't know if the bowl is a gallon but Cobalt has plenty of room to swim and he loves his little stone house.

·
Registered
539 Posts
The more room a Betta has, the better. Also, the bigger the tank, the less frequent the water changes need to be. ;-) So, an upgrade might be something you would want to consider.

Another reason for an upgrade would actually be a heater, because it is hard to keep a small amount of water at a stable temperature.

Heaters are wonderful for Betta fish, and allow them to thrive. Bettas do best in about 78 degrees Fahrenheit. Water temperature is a little colder than air temperature, so your house would have to be at 80 degrees. Even if your house is that hot, it would still be advisable to get a heater. Regardless of climate, indoor temperatures fluctuate, which isn't good for the fish. I highly recommend an adjustable heater because they are easier to control.

Happy Betta keeping!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I bought a plastic gallon bowl and a heater which didn't work with the roundness of the bowl. I am planning to go to PetSmart tomorrow to see what else the store has available for Cobalt (my male Betta Fish).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts