Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm not too sure if my little squirt was born without teeth or what, but the little guy can't eat properly. He's only about an inch and a half long, but he can't eat much of anything. I've tried chopping up pellets into tiny pieces, I've tried brine shrimp, I've tried bloodworms... He sucks things into his face then you can see him trying to nom it down, but he spits whatever I feed him up 90% of the time. He's barely eating, and I'm getting worried. He's not physically sick, nor acting sick, and he's certainly TRYING to eat.

Oh and we've been trying to get NLS fry food, but I can't find it ANYWHERE in Calgary. -_-;

·
Registered
Tao: Butterfly Halfmoon, Ivan: Kitty!, Firefly: TB Horse<3
2,685 Posts
I had the same problem with my baby Shubunkin Goldfish. He does that too. I just kept feeding him the normal sized pellets, and he adapted. He can eat mostly now, but everytime they spit it out they usually got just a little bit of the pellet down. I just keep feeding until they adapt and are able to eat.

I know most people don't do it this way-but that's just my two cents. :)

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We've been doing this (just keeping feeding him) for 2 weeks now and nothing has changed. >_<

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Usually eats one little pellet piece or one piece of worm or one piece of shrimp and then everything else he spits up.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@NeptunesMom: Frozen. And then I thaw the package out in warm water. Haven't tried frozen glassworms but I doubt it would be any different. :(

@Bailmint: That's the problem. It doesn't appear to be on sale ANYWHERE in my city.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Have an empty bottom tank , and feed him baby brine shrimp.

They are very easy to hatch !

Look up on YouTube how to construct a baby brine shrimp hatchery .

Hope this helps ;D

·
Registered
Tao: Butterfly Halfmoon, Ivan: Kitty!, Firefly: TB Horse<3
2,685 Posts
xD Funny.
I wouldn't recommend flakes though since they cloud water, lack nutrition, and constipate Bettas. It's completely up to you-but I would really switch to pellets.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
To be honest I would take some frozen bloodworms, thaw them and add a drop of garlic guard. Then if you can find probiotic lbgg (culturelle) sprinkle all over the worm. Yummy and the probiotic will help with any internal bacteria issues if there are any going on which is always possible.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We'll try and find some NLS grow then. He chows down on the bloodworms SOMEtimes. But it seems if he fails at eating it, he gets moody and won't even try anymore. :-\

1 - 20 of 30 Posts