Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting to get a new betta since I move a couple of months ago and could not take mine with me.Yesterday me and my boyfriend went to Petco and I was surprised at how many beautiful bettas they had.It was very tempting to get a pretty one.I saw one that was a color I have never seen before.He is Seafoam green.If you have ever had the big box of Crayola crayons he matches the Seafoam green crayon perfectly.I had to have him.Sadly his true colors did not show up in the pictures.I personally do not think he is the most beautiful betta but he is unique and I am very glad I got him.His name is Curly do to his top fin being curled.If anyone has any suggestions or comments on his color feel free to correct me or give your opinion! :)

·
Registered
317 Posts
I really like him!

·
Registered
899 Posts
Very, very unique. I love the name.

My Betta Yuuki has curled uhm... what are they called... those 2 long skinny fins right where their belly is...

·
Registered
924 Posts
Awwwww I love his curly dorsal, it's so unique!!!! His coloration is called pineapple (yellow-ish with black outlining each scale), and he's a very pretty representation of pineapple coloring =)

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
flaring up means????
Yup, as was mentioned before.. they will spread out their fins, and flare out their big bills and "dance" when they see another betta or look in a mirror... or like one of mine does, when he sees me coming to his tank and we get into a flaring contest back and forth. Well.. all I can really do it puff out my cheeks.. lol ;-)

As for Curly, Looooooooove him! I am partial to the curling fins, as my favorite has it. (The same one mentioned above, got him from a LFS with the curl) So whenever I see one on another I go awwwww... Curly is handsome and even if his coloring isn't as vivid in the pictures, one can see he is something special.

He is flipped around so can't see it as easily.. but it's there.. now Xander has a curl buddy! =)

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
I don't know.. I've heard it was a deformity and I've heard was due to bad water.. But Xander has been with me about 2 months or so, constant upkeep on water changes and it never "fixed" so probably a deformity. Would be cute to have more, imo, it makes them "different" but in a nice way lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've always thought it could have been from bad breeding just like with any animal.I might breed him some day when I know more about it.he's just so happy to have a home and be out of that tiny cup :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.