Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i went to the betta's section and was surprised to see how they keep their bettas in small plastics where some of them are all squeezed up. They don't even have space to move, it is worst than in what they display them! I took a small video if you wanna watch! You can only watch the video if you have the link :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAt5yYPksmk

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yeah, Luimeril is right, they're shipping bags, so they won't be in there long. At least at Pets Unlimited/Pet Culture, depending on what side of the re-name you're on is pretty good with water changes in their barracks for the most part.
P.S. Is that you speaking in the video?}

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just curious. You have a nice voice, I suppose? It's kind of odd to hear someone else speak French, so that was kind of why I was asking, I guess XD

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
i actually got to the pet store once just as they opened the big bag, filled with little baggies like that. picked a beautiful betta i named Hyde from those baggies. they cupped him for me right away. :B

·
Registered
90 Posts
Luimeril, I have a gerbil named Hyde! On topic, yeah it is cruel, even to ship them like that, but it's part of the market... The more fish they can ship at the lowest weight, the lower the cost and the higher the profit.

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
even when you get a betta from a breeder, they're often in smaller bags. less water to slosh around, less chance they'll get hurt. x: it's horrible to us, but they get dozens of bettas, and in smaller bags, they're safer.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Wow, I never actually considered that. Very good point!

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
It looks cruel, but it is the safest/best way to ship Bettas.

I was there when they got a shipment in. My friend picked out one, and I picked out a yellowy/pink/orange boy. This was their "exotic" shipment.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts