Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boyfriends mother and father have a fish tank at their home and she's having a minor algae problem so she asked if we could go out and get her a few snails for her.
How could I turn down going to the LFS?!
So off we went to get some snails! Sometimes when we go I sort of feel bad for my boyfriend because I have a betta addiction...and can stand in the betta section for over a half hour just looking at them all, even if none catch my eye I just like seeing all of the little faces.
This time I hit the jack pot!! It's usually hard to find plakats where I'm from (at least I find them a dime a dozen) and I spotted a few this time! Which made me quite happy :)
Not only were there plakats, there sat my dream fish!!! Well...one of them.
I looked at my boyfriend and I said "I'm going to do something bad..." That was my way of saying "I know we have a ton of bettas already but I've fallen in love with another!" All he did was chuckle.
Soooooo I'm happy to introduce one of my dream fish!!!
Say hello to my Orange Dalmation Betta!!
He's currently nameless, and has VERY minor fin rot damage on one of his ventral fins and his caudal fin. Nothing a little care and love can't fix!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I can't wait to fix up a tank for him and see his colours develop!
I hope he gets more spotting.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Oh, he's so beautiful! So he'll marble up then? I love his shade. I agree with you that looking at all the bettas is just too fun. I've decided to keep two bettas at all times from here on out.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I put him down for a quick second and the other boy went at him!
The new one has yet to flare though. He's so calm!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As far as my knowledge goes with orange Dalmatians they don't marble up like a normal marble betta..the dark orange-red on their fins usually stay only on the fins and get larger and more show up (if I'm correct).

·
Registered
284 Posts
As far as my knowledge goes with orange Dalmatians they don't marble up like a normal marble betta..the dark orange-red on their fins usually stay only on the fins and get larger and more show up (if I'm correct).
Oh okay, I'm still learning and I'm not familiar with dalmatians. That coloring sounds fantastic...I can see why you're smitten.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The only thing I know about Dalmatians are beautiful!
I've searched then up online and there's not much information that I'm finding.
While he's been home though just under 24 hours his red has gotten a little darker :3.
He's so shy right now ^-^, he wont eat until no ones looking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts