Betta Fish Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
they are actually looking good! Keep up all the hard work your putting in. Your doing great.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
They're so cute! What are you feeding them?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

Im for now just feeding them frozen BBS. I had some left over from my baby betta and I figured it was more nutritional then the crappy flake food that I had left over before I bought omega one for my bettas.
Once they get a bit bigger ill start adding some flake food into their diet though.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Well, you're obviously doing a great job! I know that molliescan grow fast. My boyfriend had two molly fry tat reached full size (they were born into a 55g) in 2 months! :shock:

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Just a quick pick of their new set up. Its a divided 10 gallon, they have the bigger side and my betta Castien has the other side. Im not sure how long im going to keep them in this set up but this is a bit easier for now since I can see them a lot better.
fry 9.jpg

·
Registered
284 Posts
Love getting to see all the pics of them growing.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
:)
It fells like ive had them for months even though its only been 2 weeks lol

·
Registered
284 Posts
Imagine sitting on my end waiting.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Haha
Hopefully it doesnt take them to long to grow

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Well I have 9 left most likely 8 after tonight since it seems ones on its last legs.
Actually AmbiantNight has offered to take them, but I don't know if AmbiantNight will want all of them or some.
If there are any left over after that I'll let you now :)
Fingers crossed all of them will make it though. They're 3 weeks and 2 or 3 days old now. I'm hapy that that they've almost made it to a month old.
I'll try to get some update pics soon. Unfortunetly its been pretty cloudy and rany for most lf the week and today so my camera doesmt focus well on them in that lighting.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I just took some update photos. There not that great due to the lighting.
Here are the little buggers lol :)

Fry 10.jpg

Fry 11.jpg

Fry 12.jpg

Fry 13.jpg

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
So quick update.
Today I started adding or at least trying to get them to eat some veggie based foods so hope fully they eat it. Other then that I "measured" them. As far as I can tell their about 1/2 and inch :). I wish I could get a more accurate measurement but they wouldn't stop moving lol. Im starting to see a few that are bigger and or more developed then the others. But I have high hopes for the ones left. They seem like their healthy and developing well. Im also 90% sure that I have a dalmation molly. Im really surprised at the diversity that I got with this batch of fry. I think I have 5 black mollys 1 dalmation and 2 who I think will either be orange or yellow.
I don't have any new pics of them right now but once I do a water change ill take some more.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Black mollies LOVE algae. Try growing some for them or try to feed them a very small piece of seaweed. Clip it to the side of the tank and watch them go crazy. My fish love seaweed.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Ironicly I have a bunch of green algea growing in my other planted tank. Though im not sure if its a kind that they will eat. I hope they do, it will help out my snails haha

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Another update:
I knew I wanted to give the fry the 10 gallon sometime soon. So I just set up my extra kritter keeper and am floating it in the sorority 40 gallon for Castien who was living with them. So now the fry have more room to roam around and hopefully it will encourage them to grow more. I think im going to keep this set up until their ready to be shipped. Im still a bit nervous about doing that just because I feel like im going to mess something up and something bad is going to happen to them. But im going to have to try eventually lol, so fingers crossed that all will go well.

Oh also, I took some new photos of them :)

This is the one who I think will be a dalmation. Hes not actually that shiny, I had to use flash because their so small and don't like to stay still for photos. :roll:
fry 14.jpg

The larger of the two lighter ones:
Fry 15.jpg

Another one of the larger lighter one with 2 of the black mollys:
Fry 16.jpg

A random one of a few of the black ones:
Fry 17.jpg

One of the smaller black mollies and I think the smaller of the lighter ones:
Fry 18.jpg

The smaller of the lighter ones:
Fry 19.jpg

And finally 2 of the fry eating some algea from one of the silk plants:
Fry 20.jpg

·
Registered
284 Posts
I was gone for so long I missed so many pictures. They are looking good.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Long time no see :)

I finally have some stuff to update on but ill wait until tomorrow so I can take some photos.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts