Betta Fish Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Oh no problem! So does that mean that you'll keep the marble or the dalmatians? I honestly would keep the marble and both dalmatians for breeding, or give them to AmbiantNight if they will breed them. I would love to work onto a breeding operation, but my 55g won't allow it when it comes to selective breeding. I refuse to set up another tank. xD

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Im actually not planning on keeping any of them. I have no where for them to go, and im kind of over run with fish at the moment lol
The only place I could keep them if I wanted to is my 40 gallon sorority. But theres no room at all. Which is why im also highly thinking about rehoming some or most of the girls. Plus right now because they have 2/3 of my 10 gallon I have 2 of my boys in temp tanks until I can send them out.

My plan I think is to save 3 for Ambientnight, 1 black, 1 dalmation, and the marble. Then rehome the 3 remaining black molly's and the other dalmation to other people since 3 is easier to care for/less space needed then 7.
But I still have to discuss setting up paypall, sigh so much to do lol

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Well, didn't AmbiantNight want all of them? These mollies aren't going to get too big. 3" max. Plus, 3 mollies instead of 7 greatly lowers breeding possibilities. You might end up giving them all males and there only being one female molly. I'm just listing examples, but it would be more efficient with breeding if you gave all of the fry to AmbiantNight. I can understand where you're coming from though, and it is their decision.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I wouldn't keep the mother in the same tank as the fry, mollies eat their young. I would feed the fry brine shrimp and blood worms. I would also have floating plants on the top of the tank. that way they have a hiding place.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
I wouldn't keep the mother in the same tank as the fry, mollies eat their young. I would feed the fry brine shrimp and blood worms. I would also have floating plants on the top of the tank. that way they have a hiding place.
I brought the mom back a few months ago, and the fry are all at 1 inch now and can eat small vegie pellets.
But thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Well, didn't AmbiantNight want all of them? These mollies aren't going to get too big. 3" max. Plus, 3 mollies instead of 7 greatly lowers breeding possibilities. You might end up giving them all males and there only being one female molly. I'm just listing examples, but it would be more efficient with breeding if you gave all of the fry to AmbiantNight. I can understand where you're coming from though, and it is their decision.
Ambientnight never specified weather they wanted all of them or not.
I am planning to give them Ambientnight I just don't know when they'll be back on and I need the space again. Which was why I was considering adopting out some of the fry. Hopefully Ambient will be back in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Hopefully AmbiantNight will return soon. Whether or not AN takes them all, at least they'll go to good homes. Good luck with everything.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Thank you verry much Kiara1125 :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Sorry net was down and had to get a new wifi box. Yes I'm still interested if they are available. I have room in my 50 gal and another 70 gal in the planing sometime within the next two months.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Sorry I haven't been updated this in so long, and glad to see you back Ambientnight. ATM I still have my remaining 7, though I think some if not all are a bit stunted especially the two runts :( though I haven't measured the bigger ones. But they could care less about their size and are swimming around and eating like pigs.

As for shipping, ill have to get back to you on that. Things have gotten a bit crazy as we just got a new dog last month. But maby in a week or so ill see what I feel then. I do really want them to be in a bigger home, but im still nervous about shipping :p.

Ill get some update photos soon, I would have taken some today but my mom stole the camera.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Time for some update photos. Sorry most of them aren't great they wouldn't sit still lol. I swear they could tell when I was trying to take pics of them, they kept moving at the last minute :roll: I can belive how big they are now though

Fry 42.jpg
Fry 43.jpg
Fry42.jpg
Fry 44.jpg
Fry 46.jpg
Fry 47.jpg
Fry 48.jpg
Fry 49.jpg
Fry 50.jpg
Fry 51.jpg
Fry 52.jpg

61 - 71 of 71 Posts