Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day my wife and I were at Petco looking for some pet supplies for our fish and two rabbits when we came upon a baby betta in a small bowl. She instantly fell in love and I am a mush for betta so we picked it up and brought it home. We have it in a small half gallon tank for now and i was reading about breeding nets. I have two tanks one 45 gallon and a 29 gallon. The 29 gallon houses my betta (Laos) with a school of zebra danio this tank has heater and is at 80 degrees and kept there so Laos is comfortable. I was wonder if i should purchase the net breeder and return the half gallon betta bowl and keep the baby (Vietnam) in there until he/she gets old enough to go free swimming in a tank.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
You could but he might jump. If there is any way to I would divide the tank up and give him a whole little piece of the tank. It doesn't have to be half of the tank but a fourth would work with your 29 gallon

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could try that but i never thought he could jump hes barely half an inch; i couldnt see him putting that much power to clear anything :shock:

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Never under estimate a betta :p even if he is young :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts