Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I just got my first betta fish. It is really cool. The only problem is that it doesn't have a name. Can you guys help? It is a male and so am I, so please no girly sounding names. It is dark blue, and until I find a good name, it is called Betta. Thanks
2012-01-15 15.51.56.jpg

2012-01-16 09.10.58.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for responding so fast but i'm looking for something a little different than that. Also that is a cool fish in the link, is it yours?

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
How about Xavier? or Bull? or something? :lol: Not sure what you'd like.

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
:lol: don't want your betta to be a fruit? :p

·
Registered
562 Posts
Well, if you don't want a girly man fish you don't get to call your new little man Fluffy McCuddlesworth. :p

My suggestions are below. :)

Rusty - If the red at the base of his fins stick around

Midnight - If he really is that dark a blue

Dusk - Going with the darkblue theme

Slimer - If he turns out to be green because I love Ghost Busters. XD

·
Registered
414 Posts
Here are some ideas:
* Oscar
* Neptune

* Eric
*Buba
* Buddy
*Clint
* Henry
* Kevin
* Leo
* Whailen

* Wayne
* Zeus

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
oh. totally call him Clint Eastwood :lol:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Here is my formula: Take his breed : ex (veil tail) and take his personality or coloring and add that to it.
EX. Veilluna
EX. DoubleStrike
EX. Moonspeed

·
Registered
288 Posts
I don't have any ideas regarding your betta's name...

However,

If I may suggest anything... try getting a new bowl / tank for your lil' buddy ^.^; I'm aware that tank is called ' Marina Betta Kit ' and it is 0.5g. ( which is too small )

Betta's need proper heating and bigger space...

By any means, please don't take my suggestion as offensive.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Welcome! And your fish looks real pretty.

As for names if you want something that sounds like a real male name here are a couple of ideas.

- Conan
- Krull
- Bowser
- Captain Awesome
- Lagoon
- Duke

Also I'm just going to point out that the tanks you chose is awefully small. General rule for a betta fish is that it needs about 2.5 gallons. It can survive in a small tank like you have but it certainly won't thrive. And even more important is that they are tropical fish so they need to be in water between 76 and 80 degrees preferably so you will need a heater AND thermometer. Otherwise it can affect their immune system.
I'm assuming you use water conditioner in your tank, if not, you should also buy some because it purify and takes out the chlorines in the tap water to put in the tank which are armful to bettas.

Good luck!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts