Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am new around here. I have had bettas as a child and now I recently got one again and have been reading the forums a ton!

He is a blue baby with some greenish, purplish, reddish colors too. He is a rainbow it seems :) I am in love already and also very in love with his roommate, a marimo moss ball! I assume this is a boy because he is colorful but what do you guys think? And will his fins grow bigger? I estimate that he is about 7 weeks old by his size.

I've posted a video of him on youtube asking for name suggestions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0cq7bvvTDQ

·
Registered
139 Posts
He's so dang adorable! :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
From the picture, it's hard to tell if it is a he or a she. Girls can be extremely colorful, so it's color does not rule that out. If you could get a clearer picture, it would be easier to tell.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From the picture, it's hard to tell if it is a he or a she. Girls can be extremely colorful, so it's color does not rule that out. If you could get a clearer picture, it would be easier to tell.
now that I've looked at female bettas I see they can be quite colorful too. I'll post better pics soon. The video link is HD though, not sure if you can tell from that..
I bought another marimo ball, I am addicted to them now :oops:

·
Registered
903 Posts
From the way the fins go, it seems to be male. It does take time to tell though. Watch for signs like ventral length (males are longer), an egg spot (though on occasion males get these as well), and bigger fins.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Indeed. I too love marimo balls lol. They are so green and lively. Best of all, easy to care for. Great fish! And welcome to the forum. Sincerely, stalker. Lol jk.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I do like the photo. The rocks are great and the bokeh makes it looks like an awesome Christmas gift.

Will be waiting for a photo where he is fully grown.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
What a cutie!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts