Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally caved today and bought a new betta when I was at PetSmart. Although they had a bunch of beautiful males, I decided to go with a female and after carefully browsing through the selection, I went with this beautiful little girl.

Here she is in her cup:

Here she is acclimating to her bowl (yes yes I know but I ran out of money on this paycheque to get a second 2.5 gallon tank. The bowl is heated. My eventual plan is to buy a 10 gallon and divide it for Toby and my new girl):

And here she is finally loose:

She's pretty active, exploring her new home. Earlier, she was actually blowing bubbles at me. Before I put her into the bowl, I fed her in her cup and she gobbled up the food immediately. She's a bit on the shy side but then again, she /was/ the only girl who reacted to my finger in the store.

And now for her name. It's a bit of a pun, I suppose. She's my new girl in the apartment, so I named her after the title character of the sitcom, New Girl - Jess. So now I have Toby and Jess~

And Toby got jealous while I was taking photos of Jess, so here he is in his newly decorated tank:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! She appreciates the compliment. And right now she is incredibly fascinated by the thermometer in her bowl. She was attacking it earlier, and now is just sitting next to it and watching it.

I'm curious about her tail shape... is it possibly a delta tail? And I love her colouring so much~

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Females are such endearing little creatures - curious and ferocious and just precious. She's lovely and I am sure you'll have fun with her. :)

Yours is a veiltail, a red cambodian.

·
Registered
27 Posts
That is a beautiful fish! I have really enjoyed my tiny red female VT. Females are actually better jumpers than males are due to smaller fins! That was the main reason why I chose a female. It has been fun teaching her to jump. Be sure to cover the top of your tank though, they will surprise you with how high they can jump haha. Good luck!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you everyone :) She already jumps for food on my finger despite not wanting to get anywhere near me when there isn't food there, lol. She's definitely a character.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.