Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It isn’t completely done yet. I now longer have floating plants for them. So I have to get some. Gem stone tank. 1st section Sapphire, 2nd section Topaz ( since they come in any colors and name may change with her), 3rd section Opal, 4th section Amethyst ( they come in pink to purple and her name may change also)

But this is the start of their planted tank.

Attachments

·
Registered
583 Posts
Oh Kat, that looks so great! 💕

The divided sections look really nice and I can only imagine once you add some floating plants. Thanks for adding the close up of the girls, I was trying to spot them in the first photos until I realized you have some close-ups too 😆 How are they settling in so far?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everyone seems to be doing great. Opal hasn’t tried to escape anymore and her fins are healing up nicely. Her one pectoral fin is still split but her dorsal is growing back where it had a chunk out when I got her. Even though I put the green paper on the back she still surfs it and goes to the top and checks it out where she jumped out. Opal and Sapphire has learned what live black worms are. Sapphire jumped right in after she bit at it to see what it was and now wants them, Opal still not as sure until today and now she come and waits for hers when the others are getting theirs. Lol

·
Premium Member
1,549 Posts
The tank looks great. I find it oddly satisfying seeing my fish hunt live foods. I got some blackworms for the first time last month and my fish are loving them. I did find leeches in my worms though so that was crazy. I decided to set up one of my 10 gallons to house my worms long term. So far it’s working out. I was really careful not to get any leeches in there lol. Still gives me the creeps.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh yuck. I’m going tomorrow and get some black worms I hope there are no leeches in there. I have had my fill of odd things today. Lol

·
Registered
583 Posts
Opal hasn’t tried to escape anymore and her fins are healing up nicely. Her one pectoral fin is still split but her dorsal is growing back where it had a chunk out when I got her. Even though I put the green paper on the back she still surfs it and goes to the top and checks it out where she jumped out.
I can't believe she is still checking out her escape area. You'd think after her adventure, she would leave it alone lol She is just a little Houdini, isn't she? 😆
I got some blackworms for the first time last month and my fish are loving them. I did find leeches in my worms though so that was crazy.
I was thinking of getting blackworms too, but leeches straight out freak me out after I almost stepped on them while swimming in the ocean during a trip to Greece 😱 Maybe blackworms are not for me after all! 😬

·
Registered
49 Posts
oh wow that looks lovely! the setup is really nice, and i love the plants you chose

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh wow that looks lovely! the setup is really nice, and i love the plants you chose
Thanks, one of my new favorites is the Aponogeton that I got at petsmart. It was with the bettas and it was literally growing out of the cup. When I opened it up I found out that it was actually 3 nice size bulb plants and one had the little bud like on top. Next day it opened into a pretty white flower..surprise. I had no idea what that plant is but since it was in a betta type cup and with the bettas I figured it had to be easy and tolerable to any type of water pretty much. Just sad I didn’t get more at the time.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I went to this fish store to get some black worms. And also got a couple plants. The octopus plant went in to the old sorority and the DWL got a few and they went into this tank.

But after I left here I had found another LFS on my way home and found swords for 5.99 and they are huge so I had to get 1, may go back another day for a couple more for my 36 gallon bow front. They all were pretty much this big and very healthy looking. The one leave got broken off when taking it out. I hope it makes the transition ok.

Attachments

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here are the 4 sections of my girls tank With their new floating plants. All I need now is the small pieces of cholla wood and moss. Then their tanks will be finished. They seem to like it they have been checking out their floating plants.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,744 Posts
Mine love Grindal worms. Easy to culture. When the weather cools a bit I'm going to order more. I have a go-to in Kentucky who sends the nicest cultures. He may have black worms, too. I'll ask.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So I had to look up Grindal worms. I don’t know if I could do the culture thing. 🤔

·
Super Moderator
538 Posts
So I had to look up Grindal worms. I don’t know if I could do the culture thing. 🤔
It‘s actually really easy to do and the set up doesn‘t need much space and it doesn‘t smell either. I do Grindals on a layer of clay granulate, a little filter floss and a stone.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts