Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Named after the feisty little nutjob from Borderlands 2, my girlfriend and I have just brought home our new little girl, Tiny Tina. She's a little two-toned, almost cellophane girl with a heart-shaped tail. <3 She surfs all the time and loves hiding in plants. We've got her acclimatizing right now, and I can't wait to put her in her new home. She's going in our 1.5 gallon while we cycle the five gallon, and I know she's going to love it.

It was crazy, we went to the store and it was windy and cold and gloomy. We got her, bundled her up, left the store, and it was sunny, warm, and the wind was gone. It's like our little Cass pulled some strings under the Rainbow Bridge and changed the weather for us to bring little Tina home. :3 It was really eerie.

So here she is, the first picture of many to come of our little Tiny Tina.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She's home safe, though really scared. She loves hiding, so she's zooming around her cup trying to get to the plants to hide. :3

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Thats cute lil fish! Love the DT. I saw an incredible DT male at a petstore I dislike greatly today. Just about killed me to walk away. Good luck she is very nice!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I couldn't walk away from her. She was hiding in her plants in a tank of tetras. The fish expert had no idea where she was, but after he found her, she came swimming up to the glass and surfed at me. I was sold. :3

·
Registered
742 Posts
I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!! She's so pretty, I can't wait for lots of pictures!

:)

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<3 Don't worry, you'll all get force-fed pictures as she grows up. She's less than two inches long. She's absolutely tiny. :3 Can't wait to see the little girl grow up.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Well I figured she was a girl, and the fish expert at the store said she was a girl. Why? o.o Does she not look like a girl? Her ovipositer wouldn't be developed yet I wouldn't think. She has short ventrals too, and I haven't seen her flare so I can't tell that way. Body shape seems more feminine to me. 0.o

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can't tell if she's a girl or a guy. She's so tiny. But her gills look more female than male, and her body is more feminine... Plus males usually have brightly colored gills for when they flare up, whereas females generally have cellophane-sh gills. She has the male-ish looking bottom fins, but I've heard females are more likely to show male characteristics than males show female. o.o Dunno how I can tell.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got a fish today to! mine is a baby, so I can't tell the type or the gender. I am trying to think of a name that is good for male and female?? Good luck with yours though! She is dazzling

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's insane, when the light hits her, she shimmers a teal colour. She's like, colour-shift!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah it's hard to say. xD She was in a tank with a bunch of tetras, no bubble nesting and she was very reclusive and non-aggressive.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
She's darting around a lot, which I've heard isn't a sign of anything bad unless they're rubbing on stuff a lot. But she's basically acting like this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAUzZaQtevo
Just super hyper.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here she is now that all her colour has returned. :3

1 - 20 of 48 Posts