Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are my new Salamander Betta's :)
They came in the mail on the 15th and my whole family is already in love with them. I got them from Karen(Martinismommy). Tonight I will be putting the females in a different divided tank because I didn't realize that they would all be able to see each other with the plastic canvas dividers and the females have been getting eggy and the males have built bubble nests. Their names are Romeo, Valentine, Rose and Violet :)
View attachment 48828

View attachment 48829

View attachment 48830

View attachment 48831

View attachment 48832

And here is a video http://youtu.be/8EczTEKg6gw

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Beautiful fish! Try putting two pieces of canvas in the divider. I have one female in my divided tank she gets a little eggy and he has built a few nests, but now they are starting to finally settle down. They can see each other but not as well as if there was only one piece of canvas. I don't know how you have the tank divided though it appears to be in 3 put her on the end if she is between two males. That way if she wants to get away she can. So far it's working for me just a few suggestions if you don't want to set up another tank.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
So cute! :D Looks like ArcticRain's Mr. Plum. :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Beautiful fish! Try putting two pieces of canvas in the divider. I have one female in my divided tank she gets a little eggy and he has built a few nests, but now they are starting to finally settle down. They can see each other but not as well as if there was only one piece of canvas. I don't know how you have the tank divided though it appears to be in 3 put her on the end if she is between two males. That way if she wants to get away she can. So far it's working for me just a few suggestions if you don't want to set up another tank.

Thanks, I thought about doing that but was afraid it wouldn't make any difference so I put the females in my 5 gal divided and now everyone is much calmer :-D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.