Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

This is my début post on this site~ So hello and it's wonderful to meet you all! ^_^

Here is my shiny new betta that I purchased from one of the greatest pet stores ever (it's called Preuss's Pets, in Michigan)

His name is Ludovico, Ludo for short, after the Pianist Ludovico Enaudi whom my boyfriend likes.

I was curious what his fin type is. I know that he has dragon scaling in him based on the breeder and his skunk stripe, but being pretty new to fin terminology I was hoping someone could help me out here.

But doesn't he just look like a sunset in pict 2?! ^_^

I am also quite excited to note that he created a very large bubble nest after only living with us for 2 days! :shock: Wow! (it's even bigger now than the one in the first pict!)

I hope to become more acquainted will everyone and their lovely fish (and perhaps learn some lingo too!).
^_^

Plenty of space for this little man to swim~

·
Registered
85 Posts
Woohoo! Welcome to the greatest betta website there is! You'll get the help you need from the wonderful members here on this forums.

That betta looks awesome. He looks like a super delta. Could be a halfmoon but we won't know for sure unless you provide us with a picture of him flaring. He does not look like a dragon scale(from what I can see). Anywho, that's a great tank set up you got there! A filter and a heater would make him happier and will allow him to live in a cleaner environment.

Good luck with you betta and take care of him well.
Again, welcome to the forums!

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Glad to see another enthusiast pop up!

His tank looks amazing and very well kept! Good job on it indeed! I do have some news though, hes not a dragon scale but just has a regularly blue iridescence over his black body, he's beautiful though! And as for tail type, he's actually a mix between a Delta (DeT) and what appears to be Crowntail (CT). Most likely when his fins fully grown out (he's still very young and small), he'll lose a bit of the spikey-ness that he has. But he'd be considered a Combtail I do believe! ^_^

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Woohoo! Welcome to the greatest betta website there is! You'll get the help you need from the wonderful members here on this forums.

That betta looks awesome. He looks like a super delta. Could be a halfmoon but we won't know for sure unless you provide us with a picture of him flaring. He does not look like a dragon scale(from what I can see). Anywho, that's a great tank set up you got there! A filter and a heater would make him happier and will allow him to live in a cleaner environment.

Good luck with you betta and take care of him well.
Again, welcome to the forums!
Thanks a bunch! I'll be getting the filter and heater from my dad asap. The bulb is an incandescent for now, and we don't use AC so his tank is a comfortable 80 degrees (just checked the thermometer).

He hasn't done much flaring, the pict at the top is as close as I could get to it before he moved, lol. He just can't swim still! (but I also have only had him for 2 days :p still learning his personality!)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum! Glad to see another enthusiast pop up!

His tank looks amazing and very well kept! Good job on it indeed! I do have some news though, hes not a dragon scale but just has a regularly blue iridescence over his black body, he's beautiful though! And as for tail type, he's actually a mix between a Delta (DeT) and what appears to be Crowntail (CT). Most likely when his fins fully grown out (he's still very young and small), he'll lose a bit of the spikey-ness that he has. But he'd be considered a Combtail I do believe! ^_^
Very cool! Thanks for the correction, and the fin identification! The breeder at the pet store seems to focus on deltas, Crown tails and dragon scales (based on the stock I saw and what he showed me in his breeding room). Having a mix of the first 2 is really cool!
I had a CT named Nova (my icon pict) and 2 Veld tails when I was much younger.
Knowing for sure that he is young is also helpful, I was kinda sure he was going to fill out more but didn't quite want to bet in it being a little new to the hobby. :)
As for the tank, the store owner towed me around the store making a bunch of recommendations. I wanted to spoil my newest scale baby as much as my other one. (I have a super spoiled bearded dragon named Isis)

Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.