Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for the past few weeks I have been walking past this betta labeled a female VT at walmart. Today I decided to get her. :)
Now looking at her, ever since I first saw her I noticed her had an odd tail. Then when I compared her to the other females she is also not looking all that female anymore. Is there a chance I actually found a DTPK at walmart?
Meet Atlas:

More pictures soon. :)

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
wow amazing fish... can't believe she is a walmart find

·
Registered
980 Posts
Surely not a VT? And I've never seen a vale tail/double tail before.

I see an egg spot.. but the pictures are a little grainy. Either way, she's pretty!

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Looks like a cute girlie to me!
I think she's a DT VT. :D

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
looks like a female vt for me. I am not sure where you live, but most if not all the females at my walmart are PK's.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I'm thinking she is a Double/VT. She's a cutie!

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you everyone. I thought she was beautiful too. :)
The reason I was thinking PK is because of her dorsal, it seems to be alot fuller than most females I have seen. Then again I am not that familiar with females or PKs, my friend has a PK and my mom has a VT female. That is pretty much it. lol

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is her today. Her color has changed alot, she also has a great personality. She acts like she has been with me for years. lol

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Er... Looks like she has a minor case of fin rot. Just add stress coat and do more frequent water changes to keep her water pristine and it should heal up. Don't add any salt as it doesn't look serious at all.

Just a double tail, maybe a double veil, not sure on that. Plakat females and other females look VERY similar, I think you cam tell by ray count or something... Ask a breeder lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts