Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got myself a new betta buddy yesterday. :)

(Yeah, he has a pretzel jar house temporarily. Don't worry, it's a 2 gallon and temporary. Can't wait for payday!)

His name is Shion! For anyone curious, his name is a little play on words for me. For any Vocaloid fans out there on here, you might already know why. For those who aren't, Kaito is my favorite Vocaloid and his fangiven last name is Shion, which is spelled with the kanji for "beginning sound" BUT Shion can also be spelled with the kanji meaning Aster, which is a purple flower. :) So I'm both fangirling a little and naming him for a pretty flower.

He colored up a bit in just one night. That blue in his tail wasn't noticible to me yesterday at all.

(Just realized you can see on of my Kaito figures in the background. Nice.)

He has a very grumpy face compared to my HM boy.

He does need a little TLC though. He has some fin rot going on, but I'm sure I can perk him up!

More of his grumpy face. He kind of reminds me of a salmon right here! :lol:

That's my new boy, wish me luck on his fins! I'll definitely post before and afters when he perks up some more.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Shion is beautiful! I love his mask! I went to a convention last year that had the Vocaloid characters cast up on this special kind of screen that made them look so real. It was pretty cool.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shion is beautiful! I love his mask! I went to a convention last year that had the Vocaloid characters cast up on this special kind of screen that made them look so real. It was pretty cool.
Those are always fun! I hope I can go to one of the concerts eventually. :)

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awww he's so cute! Love his grumpy face. Mine looked even a bit sorrier when I got him, but has perked up pretty well within a couple weeks, I'm sure yours will as well.
I hope so! I just have a great feeling about him. I think he's really going to turn out beautiful especially since he colored up in his tail so quickly. I can't wait to see what he looks like in a few more weeks. :)

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He's super pretty and unique! I don't think I've ever seen his tail pattern and I've been scouring Aquabid for days lol
Thanks! :D That's really cool to know. You definitely mean his color and not tail shape, right? Just double-checking since I was having a hard time finding other VTs with his shape.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Big news! I just witnessed my first betta flare! Seems he'll only flare at another betta. I let them see each other for a minute while I was doing water changes. There's a piece of paper between then now.

So Shion flared up and Mercury...still doesn't care! If another fish didn't get him to flare up, I don't think anything will, so sadly, I will never truly know if he's a HM or a SD, but that's alright. I'm just glad I got to see a flare!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks! :-D I love it since it reminds me of a salmon's face or something similar lol

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
believe it or not but i just bought a male betta that looks almost exactly the same, except he's crowntail..with a purplish sheen :/. Literally lol
actually...Shion has a purple sheen too! The camera just doesn't capture it for some reason. I'd love to see pictures of your crowntail if you have any! :)

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
When I saw the first pictures, I thought he kinda looked naked 0-0. Being that his head and tail are a darker color and the body is so pale.
That's a funny way to look at it lol! My camera doesn't capture his colors all that well. Makes him look red and more pale than he is.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.