Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never seen a piebald betta before but now I own one!
He was pure white with a few blue streaks in his caudal fin,
and he marbled up completely to his head!
I've also never seen ventrals so long on a betta.

·
Registered
907 Posts
So handsome! My PKEE has long ventrals like that which looks really weird because they're about double the length of his bottom fin (completely blanked on the right term)

What is his name!?!

·
Registered
823 Posts
I agree ^-^! He's so wonderful, always comes to the front of the tank when you're looking. He loves saying hi!
It's almost like he and Gray are twins :p
Also, Natsu, my orange VT, has ventrals like that. They go past his butt when he swims x3 Coloration is very similar too - except his start off orange and go into the white/blue color near the end.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's almost like he and Gray are twins :p
Also, Natsu, my orange VT, has ventrals like that. They go past his butt when he swims x3 Coloration is very similar too - except his start off orange and go into the white/blue color near the end.
Gray and Henkō definitely do look related! Maybe they are? They're both from little fish and were both in Canada!

Any photos of Natsu?

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Actually, sorry to burst your bubble but he's not a Piebald but in fact a Monster which is a Betta with a white head. See how his head scales are white and you can see a bit of flesh color underneath? A Piebald needs to have his head be entirely flesh colored, not white. So in correct terms he is a Monster DeT ;-) he's quite beautiful though!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Gray and Henkō definitely do look related! Maybe they are? They're both from little fish and were both in Canada!

Any photos of Natsu?
That would be pretty cool! Too bad there's no way of actually telling if they are.

I haven't done much of a photo shoot with Natsu yet, since I was letting him settle into his new tank, but as soon as I gather the will power to drag my butt of out bed, I'll get a good picture of him and post it :p

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That would be pretty cool! Too bad there's no way of actually telling if they are.

I haven't done much of a photo shoot with Natsu yet, since I was letting him settle into his new tank, but as soon as I gather the will power to drag my butt of out bed, I'll get a good picture of him and post it :p
Sadly, but it's really cool to think they could be related.

Haha, sounds good.

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Oh the white tips on the ventral fins is just because the fish is young. As they grow up over a whole year and sometimes longer, those white tips will color up to, in Natsu's case orange, whatever the color of the fish ventral's are. All Betta's have it.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Actually, sorry to burst your bubble but he's not a Piebald but in fact a Monster which is a Betta with a white head. See how his head scales are white and you can see a bit of flesh color underneath? A Piebald needs to have his head be entirely flesh colored, not white. So in correct terms he is a Monster DeT ;-) he's quite beautiful though!
You didn't burst a bubble at all! I like the word monster more than piebald!
Also, where his head is a flesh coloured, theres a yellow colour in there too. Do you know what that is?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here's Natsu :)
You can't really see his ventrals in the first picture, but if look hard enough in the second you can see them from their blue tips. The third picture is just obvious xD
Wow his ventrals ARE long!! They are gorgeous!
I wonder if there could be a way to breed for extremely long ventrals! Itll be a new betta fad ;D.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts