Betta Fish Forum banner
2K views 32 replies 9 participants last post by  lilnaugrim 
#1 ·
Never seen a piebald betta before but now I own one!
He was pure white with a few blue streaks in his caudal fin,
and he marbled up completely to his head!
I've also never seen ventrals so long on a betta.

See less See more
#4 ·
So handsome! My PKEE has long ventrals like that which looks really weird because they're about double the length of his bottom fin (completely blanked on the right term)

What is his name!?!

#13 ·
Actually, sorry to burst your bubble but he's not a Piebald but in fact a Monster which is a Betta with a white head. See how his head scales are white and you can see a bit of flesh color underneath? A Piebald needs to have his head be entirely flesh colored, not white. So in correct terms he is a Monster DeT ;-) he's quite beautiful though!

#19 ·
Here's Natsu :)
You can't really see his ventrals in the first picture, but if look hard enough in the second you can see them from their blue tips. The third picture is just obvious xD
Wow his ventrals ARE long!! They are gorgeous!
I wonder if there could be a way to breed for extremely long ventrals! Itll be a new betta fad ;D.

#17 ·
Oh the white tips on the ventral fins is just because the fish is young. As they grow up over a whole year and sometimes longer, those white tips will color up to, in Natsu's case orange, whatever the color of the fish ventral's are. All Betta's have it.

#32 ·
Random Ray. Some of them branch off in threes, other four, most of them two.

#33 ·
Ah, right, thanks! I mostly loved his color when I saw him on AB a few months back. :-D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.