Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I walked into a Petco to get platies. I saw this gorgeous, active boy sitting on the shelf in a cup of filthy water. I figured, "well, I'm in here to get fish anyway. And I will have an extra tank free in a few days..."

So, here's my little multicolored boy. He's a HMDT, I believe.

I couldn't really get a good photo of him in the tank - he's in my QT container, and the sides aren't completely clear, so it's tough to take photos. However, you can see the nice blue color that he has. I have a feeling that he's going to change like crazy.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
He is gorgeous, and he is a marble so you can expect constant change. Also I think he is a DTSDT (double tail super delta tail)

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure if he's a SD or a HM - haven't gotten him to flare yet. He definitely has a quite a bit of finnage for a relatively small betta, though. I can't wait to see how he changes. :)

He's going in my 2 gallon as soon as I can move Granite to the 20 gallon. For now, he's floating in a separate tank inside my QT tank, where I have the new platies. I only had one extra heater. :p I'll be buying another one soon, though.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Caught him having a flare-off with the poor, innocent platies. He is definitely a super delta. :)

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
He's adorable but I really don't think he's going to marble. He's a Grizzle Multicolor, Grizzle comes from bad Pastel's not from the marble gene. There is still a chance of course but I don't really think he's going to marble at all.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting - I always thought that it was a given that this type of betta would marble. It would be nice if he stayed the same, considering how pretty he is!

I'll get a few new photos when I change his water today. I can't seem to get very good pictures when he's in the QT tank. :p

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
It's the koi's and splotchy marble types that will, regular Multicolors like him generally do not though. :)

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's a few new photos of him! (Sorry for the delay! It's been a super busy week for me :shock:)

He's seemingly healthy, eating well, and building big bubble nests. :) His coloring has gotten a bit more vibrant, but other than that, he hasn't really changed. I'll be getting a 5 gallon to divide between him and another betta tomorrow!

·
Registered
284 Posts
He's adorable but I really don't think he's going to marble. He's a Grizzle Multicolor, Grizzle comes from bad Pastel's not from the marble gene. There is still a chance of course but I don't really think he's going to marble at all.
Out of curiosity, what's the giveaway that he's grizzle and not a marble? I always wish I knew, when I was looking at bettas in the store, which ones were going to do what. :)

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Grizzles look like salt and pepper hair where it's two tone and sort of sprinkled together. A Marble would be generally splotches of color at a certain phase, there are 4 main stages to a marble and the splotchy color is what we would call a Marble coloration.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Grizzles look like salt and pepper hair where it's two tone and sort of sprinkled together. A Marble would be generally splotches of color at a certain phase, there are 4 main stages to a marble and the splotchy color is what we would call a Marble coloration.
Ooooh, okay, thanks. I'll have to look at some next time I'm at the store and see if I can tell the difference now.

Ramble ensues....

Saw a lot of bettas today...I went to petsmart to check up on a green doubletail (I think he's a doubletail, he was labeled as a halfmoon, so maybe his fin had just been split at some point) I'd seen there who appeared to have swim bladder. Unfortunately he still was on his side a bit, but when I picked up his cup he was ACTIVE AS HECK. I moved him to the very front so that hopefully someone will see how pretty he is and take him home. Last time I saw him I pointed out his poor condition to this one girl and she just took him to the back and I couldn't stop worrying she just brought him back there to die, so I was so happy he was okay. If I could have another betta I'd have snatched him up.

Also saw a beautiful blue betta who was like a doubletail halfmoon type fish...not sure I have that right, but so beautiful. Then my husband and I went to this fancy fish store near me and I didn't expect them to have bettas (I was just looking for frozen daphnia) but they did, and there was a gorgeous green halfmoon dragonscale boy with red fins.

BETTAS. TOO MANY PRETTY BETTAS.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.