Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my females surprised me last week when she began to marble after more than eight months of being a solid royal blue betta! At first I was afraid she was sick, but other members here have reassured me she is just marbling. And BOY is she marbling! I figured I'd keep a thread here to document her progress for anyone who is interested to see it. She is literally changing every single day! Before long my little royal blue CT is gonna be white!

Enjoy~

When I brought her home - 6/29/13

Then I went away for a long weekend and returned to this - 3/2/14

The next day - 3/3/14

And the next - 3/4/14

· Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Meade - thanks! She's looking stranger by the day lol but it's fun to watch her changing!

amphirion - oh, you bet. I was almost panicking and about to yank her from the sorority and start treating her, but thankfully another member had a fish who has done this exact thing, turning from all blue to a surprise marble. I am so glad she stopped me from starting any treatments!

3/5/14 - her pectorals are starting to change as well!

· Registered
225 Posts
:blueyay: That is a remarkable transformation!

· Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you!! She is surprising me more every day haha. She's even changed since this morning! I'll have to get some new pics uploaded. :)

· Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright, since I'm shameless when it comes to bragging about my fish... more pics!

3/8/14 - I love that her lips are staying blue!

Her sassy attitude in this one is my absolute favorite hahaha

Aaaaand she's tired of me taking pictures. Although Kira wanted to say hello hahaha

· Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
3/9/14

Those blue lips, tho... I can't even, she's so cute.

She is camera-shy with this side of her body. Noooo idea why but it's so hard to get a good picture of this side of her body.

· Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That is some amazing changes going on, you never would have thought of her as a marble from her first image, lol.
Thank you! Yeah, she really had me worried at first... never in a million years would I have guessed she would marble EIGHT MONTHS after I brought her home! But she's happy as can be in there haha and providing daily excitement for me as I get to watch her change. :)

· Registered
225 Posts
She looks like a lipstick wearing Zebra! I love all your girls. One of these days, I'll set up a sorority tank!

· Premium Member
23,299 Posts
Holy mackerel! I agree with everyone else; amazing changes in such a little span of time as well!! I can't wait to see how she ends up and if she continues to change! :-D

· Registered
2,074 Posts
OH man I would have freaked out too. What's wrong with my fish!!?? That's really cool! I have a new Petsmart find who is a really interesting color and clearly very young. I can't wait to see how his color changes/comes in as he settles in and matures.

· Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for all the comments, guys!! I think even her fins are going to turn, they've already started~

3/13/14

White pecs!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.