Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Red is Sebastian.
Then Athena.
Then Tango. From Petco.
Then Cosmo.
Then Calypso.
Then Zeus.
Then Nova.

I also have a Monet, whose in a huge 3-4 gallon vase and Kanye (from petsmart) whose in a two gallon tank. When I find fish in poor conditions I get them and then set them up in tanks after they are healthy and sell them and the money I gain goes to sponsoring dogs and cats at my local animal shelter. It's a win-win.

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
Tango's beautiful!

it's great that you rescue them, then adopt them out and donate to an animal shelter. there's more and more people rescuing and adopting out bettas these days. :) it's great to see!

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
I would adopt out betta's but I don't have the room for them. All my tanks are full and I don't have enough money for dividers

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I love the crowntail with the red tips Cosmo I think... Nice set of bettas you have I wish I could have that many

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys! Monet and Kanye are very pretty too I'll try to put pics of them sometime, I've never seen one like Monet. He looks Tye Dye almost, pink blue white and purple. I just had to have Tango when I saw him, I'd never seen an orange betta in my life.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
He looks like he is going to be a chocolate. About a month? to get his color back? And Nova, maybe three months with regular water changes and a high protein food

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I love your bettas. :) Are there heaters in their vases?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have heat lamps, I don't have money to buy heaters for every betta I adopt out, but when they are adopted I suggest moving them into larger tanks and using heaters and all that good stuff. I try to keep the water in the upper seventies.

·
Registered
384 Posts
They're so beautiful!!!!!!! I'm jealous!

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Lol, I thought my betta Romeo would stay opaque but he turned into a maroon cambodian DT

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yep I just looked in at him again and I swear the light blue tint has just doubled in about 2 hours after a water change....I think he might turn out to be very pretty he's much happier. If anyone wants to like my betta adoption page its here https://www.facebook.com/BettaFishAdoption
Check out the picture of the state of the water they were taken from -__-

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes, it was by far the worst I've ever seen...it's bad enough they are in those tiny cups, usually stacked in corners and suffocating...but these fish were in water so cloudy you couldnt even see the fish! Which is why Zeus and Nova are so damaged.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts