Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told he was only 3 mos old when I bought him (who knows?) and he was white and very translucent... now his fins are all light blue and one side of his body is turning pale blue... looks great, just surprised!

Never had a white betta before, so this is all new...

Anyone else have any experience with a white betta changing color?

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
The boy in my avatar was getting red wash before he passed but that's normal for most white bettas (hence us breeders trying to get a non-red gene in them).

White opaques are often crossed to blue and tend to get blue wash.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks MrVampire... will he keep getting more blue as he gets older? It seems to keep spreading... looks great...
Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
One of my bettas was a white dragon when I bought him and is now completely blue (except for his head) with some red on his bottom fin. I would say he will probably continue to change color as he grows.

·
Super Moderator
6,154 Posts
White opaque is a mixture of blue and non red color genes. They will sometimes look totally white when young but then show some blue, black, or red when they get older. Unless he's a marble, he shouldn't turn totally blue - I mean deep blue as in royal blue. He should only show a very thin layer of blue.

·
Registered
66 Posts
How exciting! My baby betta is what they call "celophane" I guess, but he is now getting red and blue coloring on his fins.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts