Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 Golden Mystery snails and 8 days ago my female surprised me with a clutch on the air hose tube in my 10 gal. I removed the clutch and put it in a plastic bowl floating in the same tank because I was afraid they would get to hot since they were only a couple of inches away from the light. I try to keep it humid in the bowl by adding a few drops of water but they are starting to look really different and I'm wondering if they are getting to dry or if maybe they are bad since a few of the eggs got damaged when I moved them? DSC05941.jpg

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Oooooh! I wouldn't mind finding an egg clutch one day. Of course mine would rather eat than mate! Congrats, feel free to share pics of baby apples :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Little ones

Here are some pictures. I can't figure out the best settings for my camera so they are terrible quality and I only added the 1st pic because of my Betta in the background lol. I have them in a half gallon floating in there now and in a couple of weeks I'm going to put them in a large plastic tub to let them finish growing :)

DSC05945.jpg

DSC05946.jpg

DSC05942.jpg

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Oh wow, that is so awesome! Just don't forget the food. I'm thinking that a piece of soft lettuce would get inhaled!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, the parents go nuts for lettuce. I think I'll wait a lil while to feed it to the babies though since they don't move around to much and it might take to much energy for them to find it. Right now I'm feeding them crushed up algae discs and fish food and they are eating the pieces of clutch that are in the bottom also.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have never had to do anything special to have my mystery snail eggs hatch. They lay eggs so often I have to look so I can get rid of them before hatching or I will have an outbreak of snails.,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts