Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first layer of my mystery snails shell is coming off. How can I stop it and is it normal?

·
Registered
226 Posts
maybe he is growing?

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks like he has got a little bigger. I just hope he/she lives. I love mystery snails. :(

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Ph is 6.5, but I put eggshells in the tank hoping it will help. I also looked it up as long as it doesn't get bumped a lot or holes that it will grow the new shell fine

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Umm did you boil and wash the eggshells first? You know what would help? conch shells :D I have 3 in my 20 gal, and some pretty shells I found on the beach, great fior a beach theme! GREAt for snails, raises hardness, Ph, and KH

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will it harm my betta's? And I did wash them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
snails need "harder" water. hard water means that there are minerals in it, like calcium which snails need to maintain a healthy shell.. also if the water is too acidic it can be eroding.

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will put a small one in the water. Also the other fish are mollies so I think they will be fine. :)

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They are like the only fish who can survive in fresh water, brackish water, and complete salt water. Lol

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
applesnail.net they have TONS of information on snails and snail erosion. The sad part is bettas prefer softer water, but snails harder.

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My last Mystery snail died of shell erosion

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If Romeo shows signs of distress I am removing them

1 - 20 of 26 Posts