Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
my name is Sylvia, and I'm 20years old graphic designer from Poland. I deal with aquaristics for some two years and I was always accompanied by my bettas.
Then I fell in love with snails and so it has moved rapidly...

Tank size: 50x30x30cm
Date of founding: 25.10.2012
Lighting: Aquael Decolight 11W x2
Heating: Elite Mini 50W
Filtr: Aquael Fan Mini Plus
CO2: snails ;)
Fertilization: snails again
Substrat: black basalt

Residents:
HM betta female, HM betta baby (7 weeks), about 10 tylomelania snails (golden, orange, chocolate), 4x brotia pagodula snails, red cherry shrimps (20?), pink, blue and brown planorbarius snails, one yellow ampularia, and a lot of melanoides tuberculata snails

Plants:
rotala rotundifolia, cladophora aegrophila, mini pelia
Bucephalandra: sintang, melawi
Anubias: nana, coffeefolia, minima, golden (and one whose name I don't know)
Moss: creeping, willow gigantea, quell willow, phoenix

And now... photos!

The first few months (don't look at the date on photos, it's wrong):

And next stage:

Then came tylomelania snails and design had to be changed (and White Pearl Shrimps already died).

And now:

And this is the end (as long as I don't do new photos), if you've gotten this far - congratulations!
I am happy to hear your opinion ;-)

·
Premium Member
3,610 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

Your tank is lovely and you have great photography skills. Thanks for sharing :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this is a really beautiful tank. ive been on the fence about upgrading from my 4 gal to
a bigger tank and planted. im really inspired now.
I'm glad I helped :) I look forward to pictures of your new tank!

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Awesome tank. I have to admit to not being a fan of snails but I think it because pond snails have infested one of my 10 gallons and won't go away. My assassin snails should be about 5 pounds by now with as many snails as they have eaten.

Your pictures are beautiful, I love the wood in your tank. It is very close to what I have envisioned for the 10 gallon after I redo it to clear it of snails. It's currently divided for 2 male bettas but since Brat went SIP last week, I believe I am going to take the divider out and community my Periwinkle with a few different types of tiny fish.

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
beautiful tank! I aspire to have one like that one day! I have to ask though, you have two betta's in there? Male and Female I assume?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you! Yes, there live adult female, and 7weeks baby (who propably is a boy), but they don't swim together, baby is in plastic nursery fish tank made from water bottle.
I will soon get a new tank and then one of them will go into a separate aquarium.

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Oh okay, good! Sorry, was just making sure is all ^^

I see some other Bettas in there though, was that just a sorority or something? One picture looks like a male and female swimming together?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh, yea, that was an old picture when I have three betta in this tank (two female, and one male, all was HM). It turned out that the girls had bitten a poor boy, so one female went to the friend, and the male to my best friend. :)

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Okay! Sounds good ^^

Do you use any co2 for your tank? Other ferts? Or did I miss some of the info in your first post? lol I do that sometimes ><

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Cool, good to know :) By the way, I love rabbit snails so it's nice to see someone else with them! I had the Mini Yellow Rabbits, they mostly stayed on my driftwood eating the slime off of it haha but they were good little cleaners.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cool, good to know :) By the way, I love rabbit snails so it's nice to see someone else with them! I had the Mini Yellow Rabbits, they mostly stayed on my driftwood eating the slime off of it haha but they were good little cleaners.
Haha, I really love all snails, but in fact Rabbit Snails are my favorite. Yes, they are great cleaners, but unfortunately if have a choice of wood (and food for shrimps) or algae - they choose the wood and food. Conversely behave Brotia Pagodula snails - they love diatom, and even if they have other food, they choose to eat algae from glass and plant.
In fact each snail has its advantages, even the most ordinary Planorbarius or Melanoides. :)

NapoleonUWS
Thank you!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts