Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I bought a new boy last night... Mistakenly thought he was a girl at first, but now I see he is not. So he needs a name.

To show you the types of names I usually go for, I'll share the names of my other fish and such:
Hannibal - he earned this name. He's a biter. XD
Egil - Named after a Viking.
Leonidas - Was my favorite and I have a thing for ancient cultures, especially Viking and Spartan.
Odin - My other half named him, but I like it. Straight out of Norse mythology.
Freydis - Named after a female Viking warrior.
Lolth - named after the drow goddess of Chaos. I'm a fan of The Forgotten Realms and R. A. Salvatore.
Eva - A friend picked her name. I thought it sounded pretty. Forget what it means now.
Fenris - my puppy. Means Wolf.

I'll add a pic of the boy to be named. He's a dragon PK done in white, blues, and purples.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
What about snowy if frosty?

PS. I think that it might actually be a girl. Short ventrals, no visible beard, short fins, etc.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MrV and Martinismommy said PK male. >> Has yet to flare at anything and still isn't sure about me so haven't really seen the underside without ventrals being clamped down to hide everything.

Frost perhaps. Reminds me of a favorite character from a series I read.

·
Registered
226 Posts
rocky she looks like a rocky with her grey color

·
Registered
980 Posts
Ghost... He's being very elusive, so it fits.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ghost would definitely fit. XD

In person he's a dragon. White over blues and purples. His ventrals are very bright, starting a vibrant blue then a rich purple and tipped in white. When I get the new camera the pics will be better. lol
At the moment he's being a spazz. Gets all his fins up and darts about the side like he's flaring but without gills and beard out.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Batted Loki and another name around for a bit. The other name ended up sticking. XD

So he is now known as Gwynfor. It's a reference from a book series that I read. I think it's a bit fitting. Plus it's a name a favorite character of mine in the series had been known as.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts