Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I can translate your name into japanese. Tell me your name (or username, or any word you want) and I can write it in Kanji (漢字)hiragana (ひらがな)or
katakana (カタカナ).

Kanji and Hiragana are used for japanese names, although kanji is used by far much more often, and names written in hiragana are usually for girls. Technically speaking, a foreign name wouldn't be written in Kanji or hiragana. Katakana on the other hand is specifically used for foreign words (along with science terms, baby noises,or animal noises). If you moved to japan, you would write your name in katakana.

My name (Devin) in in kanji would be 出瓶, hiragana would be でびん、and katakana would be デビン or デヴィン

Tell me if you want it in Kanji, hiragana, or katakana. Also, tell me if you would like it written phonetically (without caring about meaning of kanji) or if you would like me to write the meaning of your name in kanji. After I am done, you can say if you would like a different combination of kanji, hiragana, or katakana (names can be written in different ways with each, usually)

Also, I can put your name in Korean Hangul

Thanks!

·
Registered
526 Posts
ooooo... :-D me ! can you do all that you described lol i cant make up my mind :lol: i have always wanted to see my name in japanese

Lorane
the other names:
Aurora
Dietrich
Haidarose
Seraphim
Ronin

Thank you very much :-D

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I only have time to do kanji for the first name, sorry.
Lorane in Kanji: 炉羅音 ”ro-ra-ne" Japanese has no L sound, so it becomes R. First symbol means Kiln, second means fabric, and third means noise.
Hiragana: ろらね
Katakana: ロラネ
Korean Hangul: 로라너

Aurora: hiragana: あうろら Katakana: アウロラ Hangul: 아로라
Dietrich: でつりく         デツリク     더투리쿠
Haidarose: はいだろせ        ハイダロセ    해다로서
Seraphim: せらびん         セラビン      서라비무
ronin:    ろにん          ロニン       로닌

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
ハハハハ!!!!!
シャイーニーベッタの日本語は本当下手ですね!
ねね、バハムチャン? xD

·
Registered
526 Posts
I only have time to do kanji for the first name, sorry.
Lorane in Kanji: 炉羅音 ”ro-ra-ne" Japanese has no L sound, so it becomes R. First symbol means Kiln, second means fabric, and third means noise.
Hiragana: ろらね
Katakana: ロラネ
Korean Hangul: 로라너

Aurora: hiragana: あうろら Katakana: アウロラ Hangul: 아로라
Dietrich: でつりく         デツリク     더투리쿠
Haidarose: はいだろせ        ハイダロセ    해다로서
Seraphim: せらびん         セラビン      서라비무
ronin:    ろにん          ロニン       로닌

:-D man you are AWESOME;-)! Thank you:notworthy::love:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Shingybetta's Japanese is off.
Deitrich would be デイトリック (DEITORIKKU), not デツリク (DETSURIKU).
Haidarose would be  ハイダロッズ (HAIDAROZZU), not ハイダロセ (HAIDAROSE).
Seraphim would be セラプィッム (SERAFUIMMU), not セラピン (SERAPIN).

I don't know about Hangul, as I don't speak Korean.
Also, If writing in any foreign language, in Japanese, you should always use the Katakana alphabet, never the Kanji or Hiragana- as Bahamut said previously, Devin in Kanji was "exit bottle". xD LOL It just doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I see what you mean for the first two, but both are similar so for casual use it would be a matter of preference. For the last one though, I prefer not to use the katakana combinations because many japanese people like to avoid them.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I prefer not to use the katakana combinations because many japanese people like to avoid them.
Katakana is predominantly used for gairaigo or "loan words". Seraphim is quite clearly an non-Japanese word, and katakana is a must. I have no idea where you get the idea that we like to avoid them...XD

Karaoke is written in katakana, so is TV, Ramen. Some Japanese say "homu" for home instead of "ie" :U

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Nat, do you speak Japanese?
Yes I do. :D
I took 5 years of it. :p
ハい!〜日本語を話します!
私は日本語を五年に勉強しました。

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Katakana is predominantly used for gairaigo or "loan words". Seraphim is quite clearly an non-Japanese word, and katakana is a must. I have no idea where you get the idea that we like to avoid them...XD

Karaoke is written in katakana, so is TV, Ramen. Some Japanese say "homu" for home instead of "ie" :U
I know katakana is used and is very popular (ラメン、ホム)and is used for loan words. I see tons of those words. What I meant was I like to avoid the non-native katakana sounds like フィ、ヴイ、ファ、ヴァ etc.. Sorry for any confusion.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I like to avoid the non-native katakana sounds like フィ、ヴイ、ファ、ヴァ etc.. Sorry for any confusion.
But in order to get the correct sounding syllables for those words, you need to use those. Otherwise they become a completely different word.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I understand that it makes it different, but for everyday use in Japan, foreign sounds like v are not used as often. ヴィヴァ=ビバ I have read books and seen websites that show viva as biba, because v is not commonly used even when it should be. ヴィタミン=ビタミン

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
There is no "v" in Japanese. It's "w" or "b" depending on the word. The ウィ、ウェ、ウァ is pronounced as "whu-ee, whu-eh, whu-ah". Not "vee, vei, va"
What you're typing: "wuikumin" wouldn't be "bikumin", the sound is completely different.
Those syllables aren't used because they don't use them in the language. Thus, they exist only in the kata alphabet specifically used for outside words/language. You won't see them in the actual Japanese language.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Those syllables aren't used because they don't use them in the language. Thus, they exist only in the kata alphabet specifically used for outside words/language. You won't see them in the actual Japanese language.
Thats what I've been trying to say. Things like that are used to represent sounds but don't have origins in japanese.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts