Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am so sorry about her I hope it is not a new disease and whatever it is is treatable. I do not know much about diseases in fish but something that I can think of is how long have you been using the lake water? If you have used it her whole life there may be something new in the water that is eating her fins and scales. Try to see if some other type of water, or combination of, does not do that. If you have changed her type of water I personally do not know what to do other than see if there is somewhere that you can take her and see if they know what it is or can test it if she is almost gone (I hope she is not!). Hopefully she will get better soon.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If she was already fighting something there may be a chance a combination of fin rot and a severe fungal infection may do that but I am not sure that it would be that bad. The red spots on them are usually a sign of a fungal or internal parasite though

·
Registered
20 Posts
Read up on Tuberculosis for fish. From what I have read some signs of it are what you are saying is happening to your fish. If that is the case and it appears to be that the best thing I can say is either to wait until it cycles through the fish you have now and get brand new everything when it is gone before getting more fish. I hope that is not the case. Here are 2 different links if you wanted to read some of it.
<<Delete>>
http://www.aquarticles.com/articles/management/Lawler_Mycobacterium_fish_tuberculosis_FAQ.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts