Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, all. I recently was given a gorgeous double-tail, Thai flag-colored male that I'm not yet sure what to name. He's incredibly active and responds immedietly if he sees movement. I'm just afraid I don't know what to name him. I'll be uploading a picture in just a sec.

Oh, and I'll be having to change my profile picture. :( The one you see currently sadly died not long after purchasing. It was partly my fault (I'm terribly inexperienced at trying to do well at keeping bettas, - when I was younger, I only had them in small tanks with no filter - though I'm trying much harder now), but he was rather sickly to begin with. I did my best, but he refused to eat and just hung out at the bottom of the tank... I do wish I had done better by him, but I doubt there was much I could've done. Though, like I said, I know I was a big cause of the problem. I bought the filter and heater only AFTER he'd already been put in and only after purchasing him did I start doing research. I do feel dreadful about the whole thing, but that's why I plan on doing the best I can with this fella.

The picture will show a rather sparse tank, but I plan on fixing that soon. Granted, I'm going to give him a few days to adjust before I make any changes (like reintroducing my snail back into the tank and incorporating decorations). Anyway, this is just a really long, cumbersome post that's getting at my main point:

What should be his name?

·
Registered
944 Posts
Blaze ;).. No I don't know<.< I just like that name..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you for the suggestion. :) Here's an image of him. It's not the best shot, but the lighting in this room is currently quite terrible. I'm sorry if it stretches the screen for anyone viewing it. In reality, although the flash makes his eye look white, they're really black. Also, the bulge in his side is caused by stress or overfeeding when he was at the store, I believe. His swim bladder and all that. :( It should go away soon, but if it doesn't I'll be asking around for what best to do.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
He's gorgeous! He looks like a Topaz to me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the suggestion. :) I love him very much.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Your welcome. He looks like he has a lot of spunk. I don't think it's his swim bladder or else he'd be swimming sideways.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Actually seeing him now, I really like the name Blaze for him. Hes very pretty. Looks like a double tail of my dearest Coco :3.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[to Arashi] He most certainly does. He's very, very active. Really? Then I don't know what the bump could possibly be... I hope it's nothing potentially problematic.

[to hannah16] Blaze does seem like a good name, I must agree. Thank you. :) Oh really? I'd love to see a picture of him.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I would fast him for a day or so and see how he does. I could be wrong since I'm still a newb.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's what I've been doing. I've read online that double-tails are prone to swim bladder problems because of their shorter bodies and that only if it gets really bad will they start having difficulty swimming... I could be entirely wrong on this, however.

·
Registered
944 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, he is just gorgeous. I love his colors. They're very bright and clean. Heh, well, Shimmer would've been a good name for him, but Coco works, too. XD

·
Registered
86 Posts
Blaze or Topaz are really good choices for him :nicefish:

·
Registered
944 Posts
Yeah xDD My dad was pretty awesome to me that day, I braught home 8 bettas, I only paid for Coco, but I wanted my dad to name at least one. But I don't think he even remembers doing so XDDD.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[to TheKzv] I think so, too. Still not yet sold (sorry to say) mostly because I'm curoious as to what else is out there. I am leaning a bit towards Blaze, however... Anyway, thanks. :)

[to hannah16] Eight bettas? Wow, that's incredible. Heh, well, if you brought home that many, certainly he should have a say in naming at least one of them. Really? Remind him some time, then.

·
Registered
944 Posts
You could name him Blazing Topaz <.< Thats a real winner <3

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Haha, that's fantastic. XD

·
Registered
944 Posts
YAY!!! WE WIN <3... Whats my prize <.<;... I kid :3.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Whoot. Heh, I'd hope as much.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I was actually trying to combine the 2 names but couldn't
get it to go as i wanted, but i guess hannah16 beat me to it lol :oops:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.