Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had him for about two weeks, and I haven't been able to come up with a name for him yet. I'm so ashamed. He's my first, so I guess I feel a lot of pressure to get it right lol. Anyways, he's a mostly purple crowntail that I feel rather lucky to have, because that was what I had in mind to get, and he was there on my first time looking, healthy and everything.

I don't want to just name him for his colour, so his personality... like I said, he strikes me as angry, or at least vigilant. He spends most of his time, especially if I'm in near the tank, swimming back and forth at the front of the tank, "patrolling" as I like to think of it. Even when I show him a mirror so he'll flare, he starts off flaring at himself, then comes and displays himself at the front. He knows I'm taunting him :shock: Anyways, sometimes during his normal patrolling he seems to swim around "at half mast" I call it - not quite flared, and never the beard out, but with his fins more out than you'd expect, like he wants to get the jump on someone. It goes swim, swim, stop, flare (anything there, okay no) swim, swim repeat. Seems to me like there should be a bunch of names that fit, but I just can't think of one! So frustrating.

If anyone has any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for going on for so long, I wanted to really capture him, and not many people irl like to listen to me talk about him for this much, and my sentences always tend towards the long side (like this one).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to add the picture, It's blurry but the best representation of his colour. But that's from the first day or so, he's got a lot of pinkish going on on his tail now, on the middle spines and the webbing between.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I've had him for about two weeks, and I haven't been able to come up with a name for him yet. I'm so ashamed. He's my first, so I guess I feel a lot of pressure to get it right lol. Anyways, he's a mostly purple crowntail that I feel rather lucky to have, because that was what I had in mind to get, and he was there on my first time looking, healthy and everything.

I don't want to just name him for his colour, so his personality... like I said, he strikes me as angry, or at least vigilant. He spends most of his time, especially if I'm in near the tank, swimming back and forth at the front of the tank, "patrolling" as I like to think of it. Even when I show him a mirror so he'll flare, he starts off flaring at himself, then comes and displays himself at the front. He knows I'm taunting him :shock: Anyways, sometimes during his normal patrolling he seems to swim around "at half mast" I call it - not quite flared, and never the beard out, but with his fins more out than you'd expect, like he wants to get the jump on someone. It goes swim, swim, stop, flare (anything there, okay no) swim, swim repeat. Seems to me like there should be a bunch of names that fit, but I just can't think of one! So frustrating.

If anyone has any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for going on for so long, I wanted to really capture him, and not many people irl like to listen to me talk about him for this much, and my sentences always tend towards the long side (like this one).
It would be easier to help with a name if you post a pic! He sounds awesome!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Forgot to add the picture, It's blurry but the best representation of his colour. But that's from the first day or so, he's got a lot of pinkish going on on his tail now, on the middle spines and the webbing between.
LOL we posted at the same time!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
How about Kalani? It is hawaiian and means the heaven/sky.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
How about a military name?

General, Sarge, Samurai, Conquistador, Commander, Captain, Admiral, Chief, Commandant, Major, Lieutenant, Colonel, Brigadier General, Chief

or maybe a famous army name like General Robert E. Lee or General Patton or Napoleon.

Or a famous lawman like Elliot Ness or Marshall Dillon?

·
Registered
2,423 Posts

General, Sarge, Samurai, Conquistador, Commander, Captain, Admiral, Chief, Commandant, Major, Lieutenant, Colonel, Brigadier General, Chief

or maybe a famous army name like General Robert E. Lee or General Patton or Napoleon.

i LUV those names!!!! i will name my next betta one of those i think ^-^

·
Registered
86 Posts
I think Alduin (al-do-in) I thought of it because on my brothers
game he was battling a furious and mean looking dragon and he was the king
dragon

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I was thinking of going military, more with the famous name. Aside from Napoleon I don't recognize yours (my knowledge of history is... um, confined to pre-WWI Europe lol). I'll try and Goolge a list to refresh my memory of some possibilities in that area.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I think Alduin (al-do-in) I thought of it because on my brothers
game he was battling a furious and mean looking dragon and he was the king
dragon
Skyrim! And I agree he was furious and a pain in the behind to kill.

How about Grimace as a name? xD

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Well, I was thinking Maleficent, all purple and evil..from (Sleeping Beauty) but it's a females name, but you can put a male twist in it..

·
Registered
359 Posts
Tempest would be cool as he has a "temper" haha but it sounds kind of girlish xD

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Charlemagne was one of the ones was considering after my military research yesterday. Then I went a little sideways form there and decided to name him Roland. From 'The Song of Roland' - basically, he fought with Charlemagne. Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I was thinking Maleficent, all purple and evil..from (Sleeping Beauty) but it's a females name, but you can put a male twist in it..
I know, I've thought of several that would be good for a girl... I kind of miss having goldfish when it wasn't so obvious what they were and I could call them whatever I wanted!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts